Bayernlüfter

Hi there,

I created a custom component for Bayernlüfter from Bayernluft:

The component can be installed via HACS as a custom repository (a pull-request to add it to HACS default repositories is ongoing). It provides sensors for all available data like temperature, humidity, fan speed, firmware updates, etc. It also allows to control the fan speed and trigger the timer. The configuration can be configured via the UI.

3 Likes

Hi,
I am glad hat there is another person running HA and using Bayernlüfter. I plan to buy one or two of these units.
Is it necessary to buy the unit with the humidity sensor?
Can you control the fan speed via HA?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
you can control fan speed and set auto/timer mode from HA.

I bought it with humidity sensors because I wanted to see the room and the outdoor humidity. Also, without humidity sensors, you have to manually control the fan. With sensors, the device can adjust the fan depending on the desired humity.

This sounds great! Is it necessary to have the version with humidity sensors or can I use aqara sensors and control the whole thing with HA? Humidity is not so important for me.
And what is the difference to the nielstron version?

No, you don’t need to have the version with the humidity sensors to run the integration (but I haven’t tested it :-)).

This integration has been completely rewritten and is an update of nielstroms version. It also supports latest HA features.

2 Likes

got mine last week - one basic and one comfort one. They are working as master / slave in the basement. I really like to see the values in HA to track the dew points. Maybe in the future some other devices will be added.

Many thanks for that integration!

1 Like

How detailed can you control the fans? Can you specifically put them on intake mode / exhaust mode? Thanks! (So for example I want to get out a lot of air when it’s to wet or I want to get in more air when the air pressure is too low)

You can control the speed (of both main) ventilators.

Additionally you can use a kind of manual mode which was introduced in the last firmware version WS32240427 and control the 3 ventilators manually: Changelist Platine Rev. 2.x