BE369 Lock

I have a Schlage BE369 smart lock that I would like to pair with my ZWave stick.

I know there are a few threads about this already, but I have no idea how to add a network key, or even generate the necessary key.

I assume this lack of a network key is why my light flashes red when I try to pair the device…

Any help on how to generate the key and get it in the proper configuration file is appreciated!

We cannot help because you have told us nothing about your system or what you have already tried.

I haven’t tried anything, just trying to figure out how to get the network key, and how to get it installed.

I’m using Zwave.js and have an nortek zwave / zigbee stick

OK, I assume you are in North America. I find the control panel in zwavejs2mqtt more intuitive. I run Home Assistant Container so I do not use the addons from Home Assistant Supervised or HaOS.

Sorry, I go not think I can be of much help.

No worries.

To anyone else who might be able to help me, I did the following

Copied the network key from the commented section in options.xml to my configuration.yaml in the following setup

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB1
  device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml
  network_key: 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0D, 0x0E, 0x0F, 0x10

I attempted to pair the lock again, with the stick about 3 inches away from the lock, but when putting in the pairing code, then pressing the Schlep button and the 0, the button immediately flashes red and I get three beeps. This was after I had gone to Devices, zwave.js and it was looking for a zwave device.

Still could use some help if anyone is able to assist

I do know locks need to be included securely.

You need to freshly factory reset the lock before including. The inclusion process must complete within 11 seconds once started. Some people need to have the lock closer to the controller for initial pairing.

What @Prodigyplace said above… fully factory reset it… also is it a brand new lock? I literally spent hours fighting with one of mine until I replaced the batteries. They were listed as being in the 80% range at the time so I didn’t bother… after hours of struggling it paired the first time with the fresh set.

1 Like

I"ll give those both a try.

How do you know if the stick is actually in inclusion mode? Or is it just assumed that if it zwavejs is looking for devices its in pairing mode?

I only know if using zwavejs2mqtt. Sorry.

The network key should have 32 hexadecimal characters. No 0x. No commas. No spaces. Refer to the install instructions.

2 Likes

I wonder if we need a reference thread on how many ways you can say RTFM :rofl:

I put this piece in my configuration file

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB1
  device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml
  network_key: 'd96271b2e8e7b327843cdd41157d1292'

However when I check the configuration I get the following error…

Configuration invalid

Invalid config for [zwave]: does not match regular expression (0x\w\w,\s?){15}0x\w\w for dictionary value @ data['zwave']['network_key']. Got 'd96271b2e8e7b327843cdd41157d1292'. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 29). 

Now that I’ve “read the manual” and it still doesn’t seem to be working, maybe I can get some more help?

That ia a home Assistant configuration file. The key is needed by zwavejs which is a separate program.

Then why does everything I’m reading say to put it in the config yaml file?

Where do I put this code in the zwave.js? I’ve not seen a yaml / xml file for that…

I must be blind. I did not see where they put the key in a YAML file. I guess I missed that. i do not even know what type of installation you have, Advice for HaOS and Supervieesd users would be different than Container users.

Is there a reason why you use MQTT vs standard ZwaveJS?

Does the MQTT offer more customization, etc?

I like the device control panel in zwavejs2mqtt It connects to the zwavejs Integration in HA just like the zwavejs addon for HaOS & Supervised users does. I also like using the official builds from their developers instead of those generated by HA devs or others in the community.