[Beginner] Choosing hardware and software for HAOS and Frigate

Hi everyone!

I am a beginner who finally have decided to venture away from Google Home and cloud based services. Im very excited to be her! I have been trying to the best of my capabilities to read up on other forum threads and documentation, but i need a little nudge in the right direction to get started.

My project:

• Home: Running HassOS on Proxmox in my home for automation of lights, blinds, door locks etc. (no cameras). Would be nice to have the possibility to expand with different projects (media server etc), but not a priority.
  • Cabin: Running Frigate on seperate hardware to integrate a survailance camera at a cabin with the system in my home. Currently running one single camera, but will possibly expand with 1 or maximum 2 more. Will not be used for any HassOS automation.

Available Hardware:

• 1 Coral M.2 Accelerator A+E key
  • 1 Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 Tiny, Intel i5 2.0 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
  • 1 Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 Tiny, Intel Celeron 1.6GHz, 8GB RAM,128GB Samsung M.2 SSD
  • 1 Tapo C325WB 2K camera

Main questions:

• Which of the ThinkCentre computers should i use at which location? I understand that neither of them are very strong in terms of the CPU, but from what i can gather, it should be possible to run Frigate with low specs with the help of the Coral chip, as long as you only have a few cameras? It would be nice to have the possibility to use the ThinkCentre i choose to use at home for other projects as well, but the survailance camera at the cabin will be a priority.
  • What OS should i run for the ThinkCentre i will run Frigate on at the cabin? From what i can gather, running Frigate on Debian in a docker seems to be the recommended way. Will I meet any challenges with integrating the camera to the HassOS instance at home doing it this way? Is there any advantages to rather using HassOS at the Frigate computer as well? How challenging is it to integrate Frigate runnin on Debian at a seperate location to an instance running on HassOS
    on an external location?

I appreciate any input so I can get started on this project. Like mentioned, I am mostly looking for a confirmation that I am heading in the right direction, then I should hopefully be capable of finding the path with the help of all these aweseom guides and forum threads.

Thank you!

I started here:

Thank you. The process on getting ProxMox and HassOS set up at my home seems well documentated and pretty straight forward.

What I am more unsure of is where i should use which ThinkCentre computer, and also what OS i should use on the ThinkCentre i choose to use at the cabin.