Bellin wemo switch detected as integration but no entity

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc4123aefe8>

I have a belkin WiFi switch model F7CO27uk it gets detected by ha (raspberry pi image) but doesn’t create any entities unlike the other devices on my network.

What steps am I missing or how do I troubleshoot?

Thanks
Michael

Are the entities enabled? With some integrations (Met Office weather, for example) they are not to begin with, so they don’t appear in any of the lists. To include disabled entities in the list in the configuration section there is a tick box at the extreme right of the search row (click on the thing that looks like an inverted pyramid). Once you can see them you can click on them and enable them.

The filter is set to show disabled, unavailable and read only entities but still no sign of a sensor, switch, wemo, belkin entity. There is also no entry in devices list for belkin, wemo, switch or sensor

Is there a possibility I need to manually add it?

im actually having issuse with my wemo devices too.

I am running the most current HA core-2021.7.0

It is finding 3 devices of 9 the others are listed but with no entities.

hopefully this can help.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wemo/init.py”, line 130, in async_setup_entry
await wemo_discovery.discover_statics()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wemo/init.py”, line 246, in discover_statics
await self._wemo_dispatcher.async_add_unique_device(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wemo/init.py”, line 155, in async_add_unique_device
device = await async_register_device(hass, self._config_entry, wemo)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wemo/wemo_device.py”, line 83, in async_register_device
await hass.async_add_executor_job(wemo.ensure_long_press_virtual_device)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pywemo/ouimeaux_device/api/long_press.py”, line 150, in ensure_long_press_virtual_device
self.add_long_press_udns([VIRTUAL_DEVICE_UDN])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pywemo/ouimeaux_device/api/long_press.py”, line 105, in add_long_press_udns
rule = ensure_long_press_rule_exists(rules_db, self.name, self.udn)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pywemo/ouimeaux_device/api/long_press.py”, line 55, in ensure_long_press_rule_exists
RuleOrder=max_order + 1,
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: ‘RulesRow’ and ‘int’

I got similar problem with one Wemo device (dimmer). I get errors listed in the post above. The device is detected but no entity available. I tried to remove entire integration and add back on but issue did not resolve.

Updating to 2021.7.1 fixed it for me

This actually happened after an update to the 2021.7.1.

2021.7.1 broke Wemo because it expected Wemo’s rules.db to look different than it does on some older device firmwares.

There is a patch that should fix this, however until now it hasn’t been merged because some of the automated unit tests are broken (unrelated to the patch itself)…

2021.7.4 should fix wemo :smiley: