Benoit Anastay Add-on: Paperless-ngx

I’ve fixed all currently known issues.

@Fantomas if your error persist please open a new issue on GitHub with more logs

v1.2.5

:bug: Bug fixes

:rocket: Enhancements

:toolbox: Maintenance

:arrow_up: Dependency updates

• :arrow_up: Update paperless-ngx/paperless-ngx to v2.5.4 @renovate (#104)
1 Like

External Nabu Casa URL now works perfect.

Thank you very much!

What’s going wrong if paperless ngx don’t wont start?

Show Network Config of myHA > configuration was done

Error:

502 bad gateway

Log:

chown: cannot access '/share/paperless': No such file or directory
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service init-paperless: command exited 1
Ingress is enabled

I’ll fix that
It should be fixed with v1.2.7 update

1 Like

How can I change the path of the folders (consume/media)? (eq to store the documents on an external drive)

1 Like

Media folder isn’t mounted by the addon, you may try to edit your udev script to set the mount point to /share/paperless

If your Router have network share support it might be easier to plug the USB on your router and share it to HA OS via SMB or NFS

Did you solve the issue? Just in case if anyone has the error that the NAS Share is not writable

?: PAPERLESS_CONSUMPTION_DIR is not writeable
HINT: Set the permissions of
drwxr-xr-x root root /share/paperless/consume

Solution: switch from CIFS to NFS share network mount following this thread:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/new-backup-to-nas-how-to/579606/5

1 Like

I added a chown command but I cannot control ACL from the addon if it’s managed by your external storage

Great plugin! Thanks for all the effort you have put in!

I am running Home Assistant OS. When I am on my wifi, I am able to connect to Paperless via the browser, but when I do it via the HA iPhone app, I get a CSRF error.

I see some other replies about this error, but I think these are all about running your own docker container.

Is there a way to get access to the plugin from the HA app?

And another question, is it possible to connect from an iPhone app like Paperparrot or Swift Paperless?

I do not have this issue, but there’s one issue with core API when URLs are set to automatic, the current workaround is to manually add your domain to the allowed list.

domain list

You’ll need to use direct access, maybe my documentation is not enough

Ingress and API

For API you’ll need to enable direct access to the Add-on by setting up a port under network in configuration tab

What URL should I add to the CSRF allowed list? The internal homeassistant.local? Or the external nabu case url? Both do not have the desired result.

What am I missing?

You’ll need to use direct access, maybe my documentation is not enough

Can you give me a bit more hints on how to configure this?

You need to know with URL is rejected
NB : Since last update this error message was thrown once on my setup but after a page reload I was logged fine.

Dear Benoit,

at some point in the future I want to switch to a system, where some plugins are running „standalone“ outside of HA. Will it be possible to backup your Paperless installation including the „trained ai“ to another docker container running paperless ngx?

Yup,

You’ll just have to copy past folders to your new host

1 Like

Hi heimvon2,

can’t figure it out how you did that.
Is this configuration necessary to get access to paperless-ngx from outside?
How can I get die ip adress of my ha instance?

Hey Benoit,

thank you very much for qour Plug-In.

Does this mean I have to set up the add-on by advanced remote tunnel?

I do not use tunneling but reverse proxy with Nginx Proxy Manager I do set it that way

Fresh install and get:

[2024-03-08 08:53:22,150] [WARNING] [django.security.csrf] Forbidden (Origin checking failed - http://hass.domain.com:8123 does not match any trusted origins.): /api/hassio_ingress/LI2n4k9PHSfniOfKM38ppmyMWWvAeSe4KP-058drv78/accounts/login/

When URLs are set to automatic in Home Assistant OS, the domain isn’t reported to the addon, you have to add it manually to the CSRF allowed list in the addon configuration tab

thank you Benoit, I will try it