I bought two TGM50-ZB-WPB thermostats in Feb this year. I integrated them into ZHA with no difficulty and they worked well. Over the summer there was no need to monitor them but now with the heating season starting I found that they had changed how they appeared in ZHA with lots more controls visible. Unfortunately, none of it works. The temperature reading stays constant and when you change the set point nothing changes on the thermostat. I have removed one of them from ZHA and added it back. It appears but there are no instances when you look at the device. I have added it into Smart Life hoping that I could regain control with the Tuya integration. It appears in the HA Tuya integration but there are no temperature readings or set points. All I can think of that may have happened is a string of upgrades to ZHA over the summer as the Thermostats have not changed. Can anyone assist in recovering this loss of control.
I’m sorry you didn’t get the message, but Tuya stuff is usually non standard and generally has to be ‘quirked’ just to make it work, which makes if vulnerable to stopping for a myriad of reasons. I never have a Tuya device as mission critical, there has to be a good backup. I do not trust it.
The fact that Tuya thermostats are acting up is probably the norm, not the exception.
0 Trust…
How do you fix it, personally I would replace them, TBH.
Thanks for the reply. I would agree that Tuya stuff is a lottery when it comes to integrating them into Home Assistant. However, their very low price is for me irresistable and I have found the Zigbee enabled kit is the most consistent. A combination of integrating them through ZHA (for it’s simplicity) first and if that fails Z2M has served me well to date. I fixed this problem by pulling an archived quirk and replacing the current non-functional quirk. I’m a bit of a novice with HA having only a year’s experience. What troubles me is that the HA quirk was changed without my knowledge. I find that Tuya based devices are not straight forward but their reliability has never been in doubt.
Thanks again and I’d appreciate any input as to how the HA quirk could have changed.