BeoLink (Bang & Olufsen)

Although the differences may seem minor, it’s a completely different API that the new products are using. However, a new HA component is being worked on :slight_smile:

Thanks CMDK, that’s really useful to know. I’m currently writing software to repurpose my beosound 5 as a remote control (with similar functionality to the b&o app, or the halo) so it sounds like I’ll need to do some reverse engineering of the mozart api too then… :slight_smile:

hey there, that’s great to know. It would be amazing to see if we can combine the components so that users don’t need to select one.

By coincidence, just before you sent this message, I found (albeit via a B&O expert) how I changed the sound settings per source after I had been looking for the solution for ages (pffff). Per “Source” you can just select a default Speaker group. I have done this for TuneIn and Bluetooth (from Core) and it works fine, even the day after… For Spotify, which appears into the source list as well, I was able to set the default Speaker group. However, I haven’t tested after turning off the TV if this setting is still remembered. I supposed so, but I’m hesitating now with your presented solution. Unfortunately, I’m not anymore in my holiday home anymore as it’s rented out.

Indeed you are right that it is better that the basic system (B&O) does what it is supposed to do and then only automate things further if necessary with HA.

By the way…
It sound like, you are a B&O expert as well and this question should be on the B&O forum but though I would like to ask here to you…
The BeoVision Avant is normally presented in grey at the Multiroom function within the B&O app, instead of black. It’s in standby mode and this really happens pretty quick, for instance even when the music is stopped.

Do you know how to wake up this much quicker? It takes now about more than 10 seconds, which is when you have to wait, quit long. And I cannot explain to a renter. Also if the renter touch twice the + within Multiroom, it seems that the join function is disabled again and as a result no multiroom is activated at all…
I have removed all ECO settings. I have enabled quick start timer between 8 am and 11 pm. Wake on WLAN off… no idea to do more…

Why does it loos it’s join ih Multiroom when the playlist for instance has ended?

Any experience? Or should HA comes in here…

thx

A little off topic for this forum, so I’ll mail you directly in response to your other questions, but just to clarify my suggestion above as it related to what you were doing with HA:

It sounds like your core is configured as an ‘integrated setup’ with your Avant and doesn’t have any speakers of it’s own directly connected to the core? in which case it’s sources will show up in the sources menu of the TV and you can can indeed assign a speaker group to them directly, and this will be retained even after being powered off and back on.

If instead the core was in different room to the Avant, and had it’s own set of speakers, and you were pressing ‘join’ on the avant to join in with what the core was already playing, then that is the scenario where my suggested workaround is helpful, as there is nowhere to configure the default speaker group for ‘join’. It will always use the default startup speaker group so it usually makes sense to configure this group for however you usually listen to music (usually with one or more front left and front right roles, and no centre roles), and then create new speaker groups for other sources where you want something different (and assign those to the sources you are able to configure in the Avant’s menus)

I am new and excited about HA and one of the first things I wanted to try is to get my Beosound Balance working. Unfortunately I failed at everything I read and tried here. My concern is that the Beosound Balance can’t be connected at all because I can not get anything out of this:

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET http://192.168.86.95:8080/BeoZone/Zone/Sound/SpeakerGroup
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.86.95 port 8080: Connection refused

I should be able to connect to my speaker via port 8080 in order to be able to integrate it into HA, right?

Beosound Balance and the other new “Mozart-based” products use a completely different API. I think a new custom component will be ready quite soon :wink:

Oh, that makes sense! Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I’ll be waiting then.

Hey Marton, hey Giovanni,
first of all, thanks for the great work you did. I got my very first PI just because of this B&O component you guys made for home assistant.

I managed to setup everything. The only thing that I’m struggling with is to select Spotify as source for the M5.

The YAML looks like this:

service: media_player.select_source
target:
  entity_id: media_player.m5_esszimmer
data:
  source: spotify:[email protected]

Is there anything missing?

Previously, I implemented it via Apple Shortcuts on my iPhone which did a JSON post like this:

http://speaker_ip:8080/BeoZone/Zone/ActiveSources
- activeSources
-- primary: spotify:[email protected]
-- join: true

Hi. Thanks for this piece of work. Which fork is the most up to date?

I have another issue with my Avant. It seems that if it isn’t used for a while (several days) HA is not recognising the Avant anymore. It looks like this (“Unavailable”):

Also at Entities the Avant is not known anymore:

The only way to resolve this, is to reload the integration like this:

This works fine…

As the Avant goes apparently in a kind of hibernation mode, how can I reload this without turning on the Avant? This is a luxury rental villa and it’s a bit awkward to manually reload if renters are there (as when nobody is there the Avant is in hibernation mode and I cannot do anything).

Or, if you have a recommendation, can I wake-up the Avant with HA for instance once a day? Normally I do this manually in the app below, but this takes around 15 seconds and I would like to automate this (you can see the Avant is shown in grey as it’s in sleeping mode). Any advice how to accomplish this is very welcome.

Hi folks,
Forgive the slight deviation off topic, but has anyone had a play with the Halo remote API?

Would be nice to join this up to home assistant to trigger some automations.

I’m toying between getting one of these or the Beosound Emerge - at least with the latter there’ll be another tester for the new Mozart api :wink:

I have made a Nodered flow for my Halo :slight_smile: Can share later

1 Like

That would be awesome!
I am thinking of getting one.

Here is my example of a NR flow for Beoremote Halo.
I’ve added comments to the things that needs to be modified.
Please let me know if there are any questions.

https://www.pastiebin.com/62176faeead01

I’ve just installed giovannis integration again, it’s been a while since last time - is is working for you guys on 2022.3.x?

Unfortunately not very well, no. Some feature works, but I can’t turn on my TV and it doesn’t seem to trigger state updates, meaning I can’t automate it either. Volume and off works.

It’s been a while and I still can’t control my Beosound Balance from Home Assistant. Any news on this?

Is there anything public on the new Mozart API? I maintain the Homebridge plugin for B&O devices (homebridge-beoplay), so I’m interested to see what detail is already available… short of having to buy a new device and reverse it myself.

Hi,
The component is actually ready, however the software for the speaker that supports it is not released - I’m expecting January.