Besmart custom_components climate

Hello

I’m working to refresh a custom climate component that I have developed a couple of years ago with HA 0.4.

My problem is that testing the backend it works right I can retrieve the data however the visualization is not working

for sure something is changed on data reporting but I cannot figure out what was changed, here my custom component https://github.com/muchasuerte/home-assistant/tree/master/custom_components/climate

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Thanks for doing this!
For sure I will look into it.

@boggiano I have updated it in order to make it works with HA > 0.96

I tried to setup Your component but when I got to dev tools -> states and filter it out it shows 17.8C and heating off even that I don’t have such temperature on any of my three besmarts and also for test I started heating by increasing desired temp on one of them.

Can You post some more detailed instruction how to run it? I saw Your files on github but there is a lot of Your other stuff not connected to besmart.

I did several fix in order to make it works with HA latest version and also included more control over the response coming from Besmart backend which sometime return strange values.

I know I should make it compatible with Home Assistant Community Store, but is is not an easy task since I have no enough free time.

Any chance to get it working nowadays on current HA?

right now it works on my HA 0.113.3 there is some warning but should be ok.

Bear with me I’m really busy with work and family but I’ll try to update the code (I have HA to update) with some configuration example, I’d like make a separate repo to make it works with HACS but I did have time to study how make it.

1 Like

I totally understand You, but keeping my fingers crossed :slight_smile: Adjusting Domestic Hot Water along with info if it is being heated right now from the other tab in besmart mobile is what I would love to see in HA.

Do You think it would be possible to pull domestic hot water heating info from besmart same way as central heating? I would love to see some history chart how long did it take for boiler to prepare DHW.

yes, I think so but I don’t have this feature on my system

I can share the python script that I use to pull some information then if it works for you I can include on HA component.

We can try that, but I would need some info how to run it, I am not a pro when it comes to HA.

Hello,

I have moved the besmart integration script into a separate github repository in order to avoid confusion with other stuff.

Link https://github.com/muchasuerte/ha-besmart

I have done a pull request to include it on HACS repository list

Hi @etreus ,

I am trying to integrate this and I am getting an error on configuration.yaml check that beretta does not exist. I have added the same lines as in your example on github (chaning the username and password of course) and moved the custom _components folder on my installation
Error is Platform error climate.Besmart - Integration ‘Besmart’ not found.
can you help me out? I could not find the integration on HACS.

Thanks a lot

You need to add https://github.com/muchasuerte/ha-besmart into custom repositories in HACS options.

For me it is working perfectly, I can control all of my 3 besmarts from HA and I can see which of them and when were calling boiler for heating. I only miss info for domesitc heat water, I would love to have info when and for how long boiler was preparing DHW to adjust some other thing basing on that. On besmart preparing DHW is indicated by blinking faucet:
Przechwytywanie.PNG

@vlad.avramescu25 ,

the steps are:

• download the files from git https://github.com/muchasuerte/ha-besmart/archive/main.zip
  • make a folder under HA dir e.g. /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/
  • copy extract the main.zip and copy the folder custom_components/besmart under /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/

I’m using HA 0.113 which version are you using?

@etreus, thanks for your answer, I already copied what you have in the custom_components under a new folder called besmart. I already had custom_components created from other integrations instaled via HACS. I cannot find yours in HACS. I am getting the error described above
Platform error climate.Besmart - Integration ‘Besmart’ not found.
:frowning:
I am using 0.118

Hi @Gutek,

Thanks for your answer
I cannot find HACS options…in HACS I have Integrations to install and I cannot find this one there. I tried what @etreus suggested below before asking here but I still get that error. whcat do you mean by adding into custom repositories in HACS? adding to custom_component folder in homeassistant/config? as a folder next to the other components installed via HACS? because I already did that.

Thanks,
Vlad

3 4

1 Like

Thanks, that really helped. Now I have the integration found in HACS after the restart (I cannot see it in HA -> Integration)
The next step was to go on the configuration.yaml and add:
climate:

• platform: Besmart
    name: Besmart Thermostat
    username:
    password:
    room: Soggiorno
    scan_interval: 10

with my own user and password of course. saved the file and when I go to check configuration I get the same:
Platform error climate.Besmart - Integration ‘Besmart’ not found.

Is it because of the HA version or I am still missing something?

the solution was simple…the platform is with a lower b so besmart not Besmart :crazy_face:

now I am checking why I am seeing -17.8 - Off and Idle even though I have 22 degrees and it’s on…I checked the logs and it was because of the room, you have to set the same as the one in your Besmart phone application
thanks for this integration @etreus