Besmart custom_components climate

Hello,
I opened this new topic because it seems to me too much OFF-Topic to ask here. It talks about Riello Ricould instead of Besmart. Who wrote here has knowledge of similar system so I’ll be gretefull if someone would liek to take a look there.
Thank you

@Gutek with a long long delay… i had a look at what is exposed to the component and i suppose that one of the 2 parameters :

‘dhwActive’: ‘1’ (most likely)
‘heatingEnable’: ‘1’

will do the trick. but there’s someting to consider: The integration (and also the app) is not in realtime, it just pulls informations every tot minutes. IN this case you will not have a good information , at least not useful.
It depends wich is your goal.

If you need it in realtime the only way i can imagine is to use the thermostat itself (it’s realtime vi RF) with a little DIY project you can use a ESP32 board with a cam and with ML read the icon flashing…the same approach used to read old water meters…

have a look here:

But it will not be “elegant” and you’ll loose the usability of the thermostat

@etreus : Thank you! :smiley:
I just installed your component and it is working fine for me.
I’m currently running Home Assistant 2022.11.5
I have two rooms / two besmart, both visible from Home Assistant.

Simone Sollena.

Besmart changed in “Hi, comfort”. Even if thermostat is the same, the new app doesn’t work with “old” Besmart, and the component doesn’t connect to new server, showing a -17,8° C temperature

The besmart android app is no longer available on the google store. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the cloud server stopped working some time soon.

I started reverse engineering the interface between the wifi box and the cloud server. The interface has no security (easy for a hacker to control your boiler), and is relatively simple. I haven’t been able to decipher all the messages, but can now control the thermostat remotely.

I only have a basic setup (a single thermostat and it’s not connected via OpenTherm) so currently missing quite a lot of functionality you can get from the app.

If anyone is interested in this, I’ll look at tidying it up and putting it on github. Would be great if anyone can share packet captures, so I can check the messages and hopefully add some of the missing functionality.

Yep it’s a bad news announcing an even worst scenario as you are suggesting…

I’m working on a “middleman” approach , having two thermostats and lot of integrations managing all the valves (TRVs) and zone valve aswell. And i need (and have) the Opentherm connection.

I received the otgateway from diyless (30€ + Esp32 or 8266… let me say other 6€) and until now i was able to write the arduino code to substitute the thermostat (but just one till now) , integrate it in HA via mqtt, and also have webapp running on the esp to manage it even outside the ha environment.
The next steps i’m working on are:

1. using an external temperature sensor instead the soldered dallas one (ideally from ha with a virtual one chosen from the room that need more heat to manage the right PID algorithm and ask via OT the correct boiler modulation)
  2. make it working as a gateway , leaving the original thermostats working and overriding them when needed.
  3. once it will work i can forgot forever the external use of the app.
  4. get from the OT also the other informations not already available in this integration (DHW parameters, error codes , pressure and so on…that are in the protected menu of the app).

I’m new in arduino coding, so it will take me some time and effort…but i think is something doable.

But meanwhile please share you work that is very intresting, even if i’m not able to help with your packet requests…

I got a call from BeSmart Support, I sent a support request via a form available on their site , they informed me that BeSmart application has been published under the name of “RiCLOUD Thermostat”, unfortunately this application seems working in read only mode, I cannot change anything setting.

RiCLOUD app is working in my case, i can change the settings.
I’ve been using it since a couple of years, maybe they have limited access / features for the new users??

Github repository with an initial implementation for talking directly to the BeSMART: GitHub - jimmyH/BeSIM: A simulator for the cloud server the BeSMART thermostat/wifi box connects to

It shouldn’t be too hard to modify the HA custom component to connect to this instead of the unreliable BeSmart server.

As mentioned earlier, to add extra functionality (OpenTherm support, multiple thermostats) will need help from someone who has these features.

via BeSIM solution Besmart server will be completely excluded from the chain so the only way to manage the thermostat will be via HA (make sense to try) .

I can create a copy of BeSMART custom component to consume ‘BeSIM API’ for now only to set and read the temperature, I’ll try over the weekend.

Thank you @jimmyH !

Hi, i’ve added rows on yaml but my dashboard show a bad configuration: always -17.x degrees…

Any news about “Hi, Comfort” app integration ?

1 Like

I’m going to drop the support to besmart it not stable, instead I took a ZBMINI-L2 ZigBee which works very well, it is able to works without extra wire just the one used to enable the heater + a virtual thermostat

We understand , It s very frustrating the downtime of besmart servers…

Your new solution Will be fine if you worked only with the TA contact, but if you used the OT one you.have to find something different.
I am still tryin to figure out the best replacing hw to not loose the OT benefits( modulation First of all…).

Anyway… thank you for this great custom component, It has been very useful and Better supported than besmart itself. :wink:

Sad to hear but I fully understand. Hopefully someone will pick that up, fingers crossed.

Ciao Fabio, è qualche giorno che divento matto con i besmart. Ne ho 2. Sono riuscito a tirare fuori il termostato ma mi segna -17.8 e non reagisce ai comandi. In più mi da errore quando lancio HA non trova integrazione logging.
Un aiutino per sistemare?
Grazie ciao.

Ciao,
ma non c’è un modo per utilizzare il besmart tramite HA senza avere il wifi BOX?