Best Bluetooth Thermostat

Hello,

I am looking for the best option to extend my home assistant setup with bluetooth thermostats. The ones from eq-3 have some shortcomes, therefore I am looking for alternatives.

Does someone has experience with those thermostats:

Is there a component for accessing does thermostats?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Sascha

I tried an eq-3 bluetooth thermostat, but it did not work reliably. HA was usually only able to connect one, but unable to change the temperature.

So I am still looking for a reliable option for a bluetooth thermostat, which does not require an additional gateway (such as homematic).

Since I could not find any reference to those COMET thermostat, I assume that they will not work with HA.

The problem in most of the time is not with the thermostats but with how bluetooth connections are currently handled, so using different set of bluetooth thermostats will probably not fix the issues you are having. That being said, I don’t think there is currently support for those, someone has done reverse engineering on those here though: http://torsten-traenkner.de/wissen/smarthome/heizung.php .

Is there any news on the eq-3 bluetooth thermostat? When I tried it earlier this year, the reliability of the connection was very poor. Did anything change since then? Would love to hear some feedback from users of the eq-3.

any news so far ?

I know you said Bluetooth but these
Floor heat Thermostat Wi-Fi ones perform ok and are cheap