Best IR and RF blaster?

Hello,

I am just curious about what kind of devices are being used for infra red and radio frequency to be able to automate our regular home appliances.
Broadlink? Harmony? Geeklink? new ones? I would like especially to know if there is some solution that also updates the state when something is triggered with the standard remote control or manually. Any particular good product for this?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Agustin

For IR I’m using Global Cache FLEX PoE units with custom IR blaster cables. The supplied ones are meant to be mounted near the equipment and do not work over the length of a room.

They can be little tricky to set up but easy enough if you are familiar with Putty or SSH.

They are also expensive compared to the Broadlink devices.

Rock solid performance wise.

The main advantage over the Broadlink devices is that they can learn the usually tricky codes for split system air conditioners.

broadlink rm3 pro…

For IR, Broadlink RM Mini and for RF the Sonoff RF Bridge running Tasmota Firmware

Arduino, custom code, IR led supplied through a transistor. I also have IR receiver hooked. Not really doing anything with that.

Hi everyone. Just bought the RM Mini 3 to discover it’s no longer compatible with Home Assistant. Just wanted to warn everyone Googling and ending up in this thread. Newer devices ships with new firmware which doesn’t let you learn the Broadlink codes anymore outside the official app.

Are you 100% sure about this?
I’ve been a lot of time trying to make one work (the RM Mini 3), and I decided that I will have a try with the RM Pro +, as it was completely impossible…

Newer devices ships with new firmware which doesn’t let you learn the Broadlink codes anymore outside the official app.
Where did you find out about this information??

Don’t remember. But it didn’t work for me and I spent hours searching for a solution. Ended up sending the device back to the store.

I received the RM 3 Pro+, and it works. I can learn codes, and send codes, with home assistant, and also with the “Broadlink Manager” application.