Best Options for Tablet Dashboard's in 2020?

I am finishing a switch over from ST to HA and part of my ST setup was 2 tablets running 3rd partty dashboard “Action Tiles” which unfortunately doesnt support HA currently.

I tried just using lovelace and created a dash for each tablet and it works but there is a ton of wasted whitespace, and on the 8in tablet its nearly impossible to read/see anything unless you are right in front of it. With actiontiles we could glance at the tablet from bed and see if any doors were open, if the alarm was on, etc. Now we need to get out of bed to see.

I have been doing a lot of research and trying various things out but I dont have time to test every option out and I keep finding new options, some are dead, some are old, etc. I suspect I might be missing some good options.

My requirements beside working well on 8 and 10 in tablets is I also want to be able to show an animated radar map (currently its a generic camera in HA) and also my ring camera’s which show the last motion event. Mainly I use the tablet to see the status of doors and locks and the weather. I rarely control anything from it as most things are automated. Some of the options I found either cant support cameras or dont do it well.

Things I have checked out so far:

Homekit Card: this is nice but so far havent been able to get it looking the way I want with the cameras/radar maps. I think with some more tweaking I might be able to get them to look better…

HADashboard: this is on my to-check list but I am not sure it can handle cameras or not in HA, none of the demo screenshots show cameras or radar maps, etc. Not sure if this is still under active development or not.

Dwains Theme: this looks nice but I havent had time to go through the setup, I dont want my entire HA dashboard to change, only want the tablets dashboard to change, it appears it takes over the entire lovelace of all users. EDIT: dwain replied, its possible to keep the oriignal dashboard.

Home Panel: just found this one, looks interesting, havent gotten far into looking into it yet.

Are there any other options out there I should be looking at? I was surprised I didnt find many HA themes designed for tablet/touch interface…

Thanks all.

Lovelace with home feed card and some full screen panels for me. A floorplan using picture elements is great for an overview.

1 Like

I am not familiar with Home feed card yet, unless you mean Homekit Panel card?

Do you happen to have any screenshots?

Fully Kiosk Browser.
DrZzzs video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlovMScpzc&t=5419s
Search the Share your Projects category for it also.

1 Like

TileBoard is another to look at:

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with HACC by @qJake. Really promising and easy to use. First full 1.0 release coming soon I think.

1 Like

I’m doing the same switch as you. What have you found is the best replacement for ActionTiles?

my favorite so far has been home habit.

i am using home habit on 1 tablet, and regular love lace on another (with the header removed)

1 Like