Best practice for arming/disarming alarm based on 2-person presence tracking?

We are a 2-person household. Both my wife and I run Life360 on our phones. I’d like the HA alarm system to arm automatically when both of us are away, and disarm when either of us is home.
What’s the most efficient and reliable way of doing this? Should I use a group with 2 person entities, or a zone, or some other method?

I use the Bayesian integration to calculate the probability of the house being occupied, based on about a dozen factors - phone location and motion detectors, obviously, but also time of day, is the TV on etc.

I wouldn’t claim this is best practice, but I’ve found it to be much more accurate than simple device tracking - it takes into account forgotten phones, for example.

There’s an excellent howto post here, complete with an interactive spreadsheet to help with the calculations.

I use basic presence detection and do automations based on just the number of people at home.

But I have also been exploring the Bayesian solution that @Stiltjack recommends because I occasionally get some issues (phone battery dies at home, etc.)

I can’t believe this hasn’t already been perfected… This is a huge automation that I would think everyone would want!