Best SD card for HA

When I set up my HA on my pi a while back I used a Samsung card that I had laying around but not sure I trust it to run all the time.
What’s the best one to go for? Also can I easily clone the existing card to the new one easily?

I have had good luck with the Samsung EVO line, but depending on how you use/configure HA, these can still run into write endurance issues. I recently found that there are high endurance SD cards made for video recorders (ie cameras), that I believe would be a good option.

The “best” would be not to use one, but to run from a USB connected SSD.

Second best would be a industrial SD card. After that a high endurance card (such as those for dashcams, camcorders, etc) would be a good fallback.

Agreed, is the installation of HA any different? Or hook up the SSD via USB flash the exact same way as an SD card?
I do believe I have a spare 120gb ssd laying around too
Would this really be needed? https://geekworm.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b-x825-2-5-inch-sata-hdd-ssd-expansion-board

You can’t boot Hass.io from USB attached storage, but you can move the containers there (with some work). Other install methods are more flexible, and you could do a Raspbian install and then follow the alternative install method.