Best smart radiator thermostat for HA

It does respond quite quick, but there are a few seconds delay. Something between 5 and 20 seconds I think, which is totally fine for my usecase.

In my setup I use it for 2 things so far: when the window opens and the outside temperature is under the inside temperature, then the valve shuts off. Once the window is closed again, the valve opens. Actual temperature regulation isn’t needed for me, as the apartment regulation is done by one central thermostat in the living room. The other usecase is basically monitoring the temperature and heating status in the bathroom, to not forget to close the window again after a while :wink: At the moment that’s just me looking at the graph on the dashboard occasionally, but I’m looking into having a RGB bulb switch to blue in the hallway, or trigger an e-paper display with a notification.

Excellent!

My plan is to “synchronize” the valve shut off with the opeaning of windows, but also regulate better the temperature.
The thermostat of my heating is centralized at the boiler, so my idea is to set it at a fixed temperature (like 22°C), and them have different temperatures as a function of the type of room, moment of the day, presence at home, etc…
I’ll have separate temperature/humitidy sensors installed in each room instead of the ones integrated in the valve. Hopefully this will allow me to find the best control method to get the best confort/efficiency.

Guess this device should work :smiley: Gonna order a couple to test :wink:

Thanks!

1 Like