Best video doorbell for HA

No cloud. You can save to an sd card or to nvr software. I set it up with zoneminder.
Yes on the app. Yoosee apk in google store

3 Likes

I meant not the saving of images in cloud. But the signal from “ring” to app and stream from can to app. Is that cloudless?

Yes saw that one as well. Liked it a lot. But has a few requirements. Needs POE so hardwire. If you have an ethernet connection nearby then great.
Other thing is for a physical bell you need to get the companion display.

I think the package bell + display for the price is good. But the wiring may be a hurdle.

No. The app it’s a proprietary apk for the product.
If you use the app then of course it goes through their server.
If you hook it up to your own server with nvr software then it’s direct to you.

Cheap and easy to install a cable though

Not true. Just use HA to trigger any other ‘bell’ device.
For example, my current doorbell is accomplished using a Xiaomi wireless button to trigger HA, which then does a bunch of things depending on what is happening in the house: take a snapshot from my CCTV camera and send it to multiple phones, interrupt music to play a TTS broadcast (only if music was playing) and then continue the music, flash the ensuite lights green twice then go back to previous setting (only if those lights were already on) as well as playing a doorbell chime sound through a Xiaomi gateway

1 Like

Yes I know you can add a rf or zigbee button; that’s how I had the hikvision doorbell which by the way is very good. But it annoyed me having a button besides a button to do something that should be done with one button.

As for the cable it depends. If you live in a country where construction is mostly drywall, then yes it’s easy. But if your property is all brick and cement it’s not so easy. The alternative is to break the wall or run conduit which is not aesthetically pleasing.

With the doorbell in that video, you wouldn’t need another button. HA receives the signal from the doorbell and can trigger whatever you want. I just mentioned the Xiaomi because thats what I use. I dont have the doorbell in the video, or any other off-the-shelf item for that matter.

My house is double brick. External walls are two walls with a cavity

Excellent :+1:

Would you mind sharing some pointers on how you achieved " interrupt music to play a TTS broadcast (only if music was playing) and then continue the music"? I have similar setup I just built that uses a hacked (esphome/board added) wireless doorbell as the switch. I then use automations to stream the font door camera to hub(s) and make announcements via tts but would like to be able to get devices to resume previous activities if interrupted. Cheers

Sure, I use this add-on:

1 Like

Please i a have the same doorbell, could be integrate in HA? anyone know the way?

Hi,

I’m trying to buy a Dahua VTO2202F-P but I don’t find any seller with stock … someone knows any good seller? I bought one from “Professional Security Equipment Store” from AliExpress and they are scammers, never sent the order and use fake tracking number.

I’m looking for a shop to buy this intercom, thanks!

Maybe ask on the aliexpress forum?

are there an AE forum?

Find out… maybe you can also try to find home assistant questions there :rofl:

Your answers are very helpful … but maybe you should look for an amateur clown forum, you would be even more helpful …

2 Likes

@jgon, if you are from Europe you can look at https://www.orbitadigital.com/es/

I buyed my unit from them a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

@dfr0 Hi, did you found out anything, I also have this doorbell and would like to integrate it in HA.

Not yet :frowning: