Best video doorbell for HA

Thanks! Finally I bought this Dahua doorbell in this online shop (avantsec.com) I have it installed and integrated with HA. I’m satisfied with this doorbell, it’s much better than my old konx KWC02 … and the integration with HA is good and fast … (for remote open the door, get call notifications, …).

In addition I also made an inclined support, printed in PETG with a 3D printer, if someone needs it I can pass the STL.

Hi, were you able to configure the internal relay to open a gate/door from home assistant?

Yes, with the Dahua doorbell:

/usr/bin/curl -s --globoff --digest --user user:password “http:///cgi-bin/accessControl.cgi?action=openDoor&channel=1&UserID=101&Type=Remote”’

Also integration with zone minder using rstp is good.

Awesome! I’m new to the HA world … Sorry about that, but if you have time, could you give a little more detail about this (opening the door with this command)? Did you use the doorbell output or some other relay? Thanks.

For open the door I’m using the doorbell relay (this Dahua has one inside).
You can add this commando like a shell_command in HA: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/shell_command/

1 Like

some time later . one thing which i did … changed TCP to UDT in camera settings in zoneminder. it works perfect

Hi Juan,
Could you help me out please? I bought this doorbell half a year ago, and tried to connect a wemos with an optocoupler. My goal was to use one of the led’s of the receiver to trigger the optocoupler.
I did not succeed. Could you please tell me how you connected your three wires to the wemos?
Thanks in advance,

Remi

Hi Remi, sure, if you’re referring to the YooSee SD-M5 doorbell the below link is a pdf with the instructions i followed.

link

Thanks a lot Juan,

That’s what I needed!

Nice project for a lockdown Sunday afternoon! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Javier,

Your link to the Dahua doorbell does not work anymore. Could you specify which Dahua model you use ?
Thanks.

1 Like

The guy from the video has a (affiliate) link to AE in his video description

So i have personaly installed, works like a charm a few hickups on the way.
Dahua VTO2202F-P Outdoor Doorbell station POE
Works like a charm, Dahua have their own app where i receive notification and can open and watch the viewo feed if somebody ring the bell.
And as stayted in previous posts it doesnt require indoor unit. You can use it even without it.
Just the phone and outdoor unit.
I have the camera in my frigate and on Lovelace.

P.S. if i remember correctly you dont want to use POE, you can use the + - power that is available there.
But why on earth you would not want to use POE, just buy some cheap poe injector and no need to push 2cables…

I’ve got Ring’s expensive doorbell, 3 pro or whatever. Definitely NOT recommended. They do everything to lock you into their stuff and push you towards cloud services. Stay far away.

HI,

For those with a Dahua VTO2202F-P do you succeed in making receiveing the call from the Dahua on an iPhone without the Dahua app, I mean without the Dahua cloud (as far as I understand this model behaviour) ?

Thanks

V.

Hi @juan11perez can you resend the pdf link? it doesn’t work for me anymore

1 Like

Hi there guys I read the thread but a lot of time passed what is the best price performance doorbell for HA these days?

You’re asking for advice but can’t bother to read the 10 odd messages since your last visit? And what does “best” mean anyway? There’s no short answer to that question and requires a lot of research and effort.

Completely off the table too if you’re renting. Ultimately, there is no magic bullet solution to this other than a series of complicating workarounds that, like your good self, deeply offend my delicate aesthetic sensibilities.

Cables, begone!

There are several similar models, but it is better to base on a proven model :slight_smile: Could you specify which Dahua model you use ?

Bumping this @juan11perez - do you still have that pdf link?