Best Wall panel tablets?

Afternoon all! Wanting to wall mount a tablet for controls. Currently have a Pi3 with touch screen working fine. I also have an old ipad which isnt compatible with the latest Lovelace versions, but the HomeKit bridge works quite well.

Sadly, I bought a Fire 7 9th Gen based on advice here to find its no longer compatible it would seem! (At least, all my questions on here, reddit and the Discord go unanswered/with no resloution!)

Are there any cheap tablets that are compatible with HASS? I just want something that out-the-box will koisk mode on Lovelace, no more endless troubleshooting!

1 Like

Good question… I also on the same stage of research.

OK. Just purchased Samsung Galaxy S2 8.0” tablet.
And I’m wondering if install on it LineageOS or stay with stock Samsung firmware.
What is the advantage installing open-source android?

XDA Developers forum will be the best place to answer your questions.

Yes, but I rather expected answer of HA user…
Anyway - thank you…

Having some time I’ve made a hole in the wall and installed ‘tablines’ frame.
The frame costed me about 25EUR; was on sale at some local shop (I think normal price is about 150EUR).

Anyway I experienced 2 problems:

• cheap wall USB charger is not charging my Samsung Galaxy Tab (looks like the charger is piece of …);
  • the angle micro USB cable is also not so good; it is little bit blocking the space around the micro USB port of the tablet.

I saw in some post that someone used a better cable. But I can not find this post anymore. Maybe someone can help me?

The cable must be something like that:

cable usb

I did further improvement…
As a charger plain wall USB outlet can not be used (as on my picture in previous post).
For ‘Samsung’ tablets (with ‘Snapdragon’ processor; more info on ‘Wikipedia’) you must use ‘Quick Charge 3.0’ device.
This device is very good and relatively cheap - (about 18.0EUR).

Orno

Am also in the planning phase for my smart house. Have found attached USB wall connector with side connector. Is not the cheapest but think this would solve some issues when you install a wall mounted tablet.

Hi, Could you tell us your ROI on this if you bought it?

I settled for a FireHD 10 and this wall mount: https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/749863543/amazon-fire-hd-10-tablet-wandhalterung-9?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=fire+hd+10+wall+mount&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&bes=1&col=1

Anyone some hands-on experience with mounting a stripped tablet or naked screen panel with a real flush mount ? Something like this, but without the ugly ventilation and camera holes:

Pretty much all DIY flush mounts you can find aren’t flush at all, but always protrude a bit, which I find super ugly.

I don’t find that ugly, but whatever.
I am about to mount a 15.6" FHD touch screen in the kitten on a full swivel bracket. The screen fascia has a thickness of 8mm so it won’t be flush mounted, but only the 8mm will stand proud. All of of the cables and electronics, RPi running LineageOS (Android 10), will be in the wall or cupboard behind it.
While flush mounting seems aestheticly pleasing, it doesn’t allow the screen to be pulled out and angled towards the rear of the bench where my wife or I (mostly me) will be standing while preparing food and looking at a recipe. Yes, this thing must be multifunctional for WAF.

When finished, the screen can be easily pushed back onto the wall. Ventilation is accomplished by the cavity behind and in to the cupboard behind.