Best way to adjust light over time?

Hello all,

I am trying to create an automation that will turn on some of my lighting at 20% and over a 15 min period it will end at 80%.

I have found 2 ways that should work, but I can’t get them to work.

Home assistant looks like have this built in. Through the call service. This is what I did:

service: light.turn_on
data:
  brightness: 80
  transition: 300
  brightness_pct: 10
target:
  entity_id: light.dimmer_soveromlys

This did not work. Also, the slider only goes to 300 seconds, so I guess that is maximum, so not possible to reach the 15 minutes I am trying to reach…

The second way is through the adaptive lighting addon that I have installed.
I have added the bedroom light to the addon (in integrations) and I have changed the settings. The settings I have changed is: Transition time, min_brightness and max_brightness.

And after doing that I thought all I had to do was to call it from an automation? But I have not found a way under action to run it… All I have to choose from there under call service is: adaptive lighting apply and adaptive lighting set manual control… Both of them are wrong?

This is the closest I get for it to “look correct”:

service: adaptive_lighting.apply
data:
  entity_id: switch.adaptive_lighting_light_morningroutine

But if I run this nothing happens…

Any tips either with this, or other ways to gradually adjust light brightness over a given period of time? :slight_smile:

Have a look here, not as straightforward as you’d think, I think they were trying to do similar, looks like there is a solution at the end

You are correct on that. That was way more complicated than I thought. So I think I will skip this and just have it turn on. I think a friend of mine said that Philips Hue had a setting that could do this, so maybe it’s better to get a Hue and get that to do it. Thanks for the help though!