Best way to control multiple lights

Hey guys,
I wonder what would be the best way to control multipe led strips?

I’ve got an ESP8266, PCA9685 16 Channel PWM Controller, 14 non addressable warm white led strips and 14 mosfets for the led strips. I would like to switch the led strips like one group of lights, but with a delay between the single strips. So when I turn on the “light group” that the first goes on, 200ms after that the second and so on.

I wonder what would be the most elegant way to do that. Directly in esphome? Or with home assistant automations? I would really appreciate any help, tips or links to similar projects.

Thx in advance.
Kind regards,
Mugga

Hi, I would like to achieve similar thing since these LEDs are under stairs LED strips. What I would also need is to additionally have two sensors on the bottom and on the top of the stairs and these sensors when detecting motion they would be expected to initiate a wave of individual LEDs fading in one after another with some delay in between. @Mugga, have you managed to do that already? Anybody else can help here?

I didnt manage to do it in a prettier way with an loop or something like that. I’ve just created 14 different lights in esphome and triggering them all by commands with a delay between them.

Sadly I cant share the code because after an esphome update I’ve lost that device in the esphome dashboard. Which is not cool, but okay, because the esp is already flashed and is working fine.

If you have a solution to get the device back in esphome, I could share the code.

You can use the light partition platform to group lights or just making a simple script that turns on light A delay 2ms, light B delay 2ms etc. Look through the documentation, almost any question can be answered there.

@Fallingaway24
But these doesnt work for single “non smart” led strips. We are talking about pure 12v input strips, no data pin.