Best way to integrate GoodWe inverter?

I went for GitHub - TimSoethout/goodwe-sems-home-assistant: Sensor for Home Assistant pulling data from the GoodWe SEMS API for solar panel production metrics. in the end. Still need to update to the 3.x version, since that has some breaking changes.

I just set up the same component, and I’m a bit confused by a few of the sensors/attributes and hoping you (or someone can help).
My ‘outputpower’ (PV Power output), ‘pmeter’ (PV spare) and ‘pac’ are always the same.

Is that just because all of my output is going straight to the meter (no battery or anything), and then my home usage is coming after it hits the meter (so inverter can’t see this)?
So if for example my PV is producing 5kW, but I am only using 1kW, the inverter will just show 5kW for all those attributes, but I’ll actually be exporting 4kW, it’s just not shown.

Is there any solution for write? I need control charging pylontech battery with GW 10K ET

I’m interested in integrating my Goodwe Inverter with home assistant as well. It seems the first option with local integration is preparing to become a core integration:

I will try out this solution as it is right now soon for my 5000DT

update: configured it this morning and it took little effort really: added the custom_components dir as it exists on github and was then able to find the integration through the interface as described. There already is a sensor.goodwe_e_total which I added straight to the energy dashboard solar section. Lets see what it shows when the sun actually comes out :wink:

Does anyone have any insights on the process of checking the ARM firmware for the inverter? I have a GW10K-MS, firmware is V1.1.1.2, but I’m unsure of how to even check the ARM version (it’s Sunday - I have emailed the supplier).

I’ve tried an nmap on the device but nothing is showing up (unless my router is blocking it)…

dim@Wilson:~$ sudo nmap -sU 192.168.9.249
[sudo] password for dim:
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2021-11-01 13:35 AEDT
Nmap scan report for 192.168.9.249
Host is up (0.0087s latency).
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT   STATE         SERVICE
67/udp open|filtered dhcps

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 45.51 seconds
dim@Wilson:~$

Happy to be told I’m an idiot (I’m sure that’s true), I’m just not sure which part I’m being an idiot about.

Thanks - loving HA.

Cheers,
Dim

Dear all,
I have HA (core-2021.12.3) instaled localy in DOCKER on QNAP TS-431P2 with QTS 5.0.x. I used settings up mentioned in How to install HA on QNAP - #9 by J-CMartin (by “nikno” Jul '17) for HA instalation and it works.
I have GoodWe GW10K-ET inverter on photovoltaic system and I would like to integrate it into HA.
I add code:

sensor:
  - platform: goodwe
    ip_address: 192.168.88.240
    #network_timeout: 1
    #network_retries: 3
    scan_interval: 30
    inverter_type: ET
    #sensor_name_prefix: GoodWe
    #include_unknown_sensors: false

…on the end of configuration.yaml of the DOCKE instation of HA by GitHub - mletenay/home-assistant-goodwe-inverter: Read the voltage/current/power/battery values from your GoodWe Inverter via local network (UDP - no cloud) because I did not find standard integration.
How should I continue with integration into HA? When I would like to add integration in HA (Settings > Add new > Set new integration) I can not find GoodWe :o(.
What shoul I do?
Could you help me?

You’ll need to install that using HACS. HACS is an a custom integration that allows you to install other custom integrations. See https://hacs.xyz/docs/basic/getting_started for more details.

Thank you for the advice.
I installed HACS according to the link I managed. In HACS, I added the Repository “GoodWe Inverter Solar Sensor (UDP - no cloud)”. In Settings and Integrations, I found and installed GoodWe.
In the GoodWe addon settings, I entered the IP address of my invertet … the connection was Success!
Now in the Integration I select GoodWe and it show dashboard overview, all values are “Not available” :o(. When I look in the system log (HA > Settings > Settings > Logs) there is this error:

Logger: custom_components.goodwe
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:219
Integration: GoodWe Inverter (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:23:57 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:49:22
Error fetching GoodWe data: (‘No valid response received even after 10 retries’, 3)

…I can’t find a solution to this error :o(

I’m trying to get the local ingegration to work for my Goodwe 1500ns. I managed to install integration through HACS, but when adding the goodwe inverter HA isn’t able to find it under it’s IP adress. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this. The inverter is connected to wifi, his local wifi is disabled (not sure if this needs to be enabled to make it work?). I’m getting the following in the log:

Logger: custom_components.goodwe.config_flow
Source: custom_components/goodwe/config_flow.py:95
Integration: GoodWe Inverter (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:19:17 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:19:17 AM

Connection error during GoodWe config flow: Unable to connect to the inverter at host=192.168.178.173, or your inverter is not supported yet. Failures=[MaxRetriesException(), RequestFailedException(‘No valid response received even after 5 retries’, 1), RequestFailedException(‘No valid response received even after 5 retries’, 1), RequestFailedException(‘No valid response received even after 5 retries’, 1)]

So since 2022.2 we have a GoodWe integration. Unfortunately it can’t connect to my inverter. So I assume this is the case:

If you can’t communicate with the inverter despite your model is listed above, it is possible you have an old ARM firmware version. You should ask manufacturer support to upgrade your ARM firmware (not just inverter firmware) to be able to communicate with the inverter via UDP.

So what is the minimal firmware version required and how can I see what ARM firmware my GoodWe has?

Or, since it seems the SEMS portal has some issues, would that be the reason why I can’t reach the inverter locally (would be odd)?

I don’t know how to find out how you can check the ARM firmware.

But I couldn’t connect to my goodwe when i manual add the ip adres in the intergration. So i was thinking it was the ARM firmware.

So send a email to goodwe support, and a workday later the ARM firmware was loaded by goodwe and its working.

Only thing I now have: when the inverter is offline, the sensors are unavailable. And that’s not looking nice on my dashboard. With the mqtt version i did keep a value on “power” and “eday”.

1 Like

OK, I’ll try to contact goodwe as well. I wasn’t aware they can have full access to my system :frowning:

Yes I had similar issues with my previous Omnik invertor. You would expect that to be taken into account when making inverter integrations that typically have sensors not available when there is no sun…

1 Like

Fully acces is a big word. But they put the ARM Firmware ready for you in the cloud, and it will download automatic.
I do like the great service :wink:

I have replaced the wifi module for a LAN module, and since then I have very intermittent data. Most of the time the sensors are unavailable and I see the error message “Error fetching GoodWe data: (‘No valid response received even after 10 retries’, 3)”
may I ask whether you are using the WIFI or LAN module, and what did you ask for when contacting support? Also which e-mailadres did you send it to? thank you…

@dabunz : I’m using WiFi. And did get support by there website. https://support.goodwe.com/portal/en/home

And I needed to ask for the ARM firmware. They were very quick with replaying.

Hope they can solve your connection problem

I have been trying to get support from the dutch goodwe team, but so far they seem very unwilling, saying they will only support their semsportal and nothing else. And even with the LAN module, that is working fine. Just ordered a Wifi module to see if that solves the problem, even though I dont like the wifi portal thing (after connecting to the homewifi, still broadcasting a wifi access point) If all else fails, I will try to contact them via the adress you just mentioned. Thank you for your reply!

I’m also Dutch. And didn’t have any problem with the Benelux support. I did also write my problem in Dutch and did get a Dutch answer back :wink:

And if I’m right you can put the accespoint off in the goodwe. Not sure and my goodwe is offline now because of the darkness :rofl:

And if you use this intergration, you not need to use semsportal. You pull it all local :sunglasses:

The inverter came with a wifi module, and there was no option to turn the access point off. Even after connecting to my home network, the access point was still broadcasting and showing the wifi password in plain text after logging in. Had it working with the integration in no time. I asked for a LAN module because of the access point thing and my wifi is pretty much full with all the esp’s, phones, tablets and sonos/google speakers etc… Setting it up was simple enough, but connection with the integration is very bad. I am missing a lot of data points. So I called the support line in Utrecht (in English) and got no useful answer, according to them SEMS portal was all good, therefore there is no problem. Got the ticket escalated and got a Dutch email. There was some back and forth but still no help. Maybe I just got in touch with the wrong people. It happens… Made a new ticket on the English support website, and ordered a new wifi module to test with…I am not giving up yet! thanks for the reply’s.

1 Like

Wow. I never realized this fundamental security flaw. You are right. The inverter has an open access point and my home wifi password can just be picked up by anyone coming close enough to the house using the pvmaster app. Definitely need to look into that.

Haven’t reached out to GoodWe yet for an update.

I have a GoodWe GW2500-XS
I’m a bit confused. The Access point from my inverter has an SSID of Solar-Wifi********
I can set its password, so I don’t see how other people could access it. Or is there a separate public access point I’m missing?

It also does not show the password of the wifi it uses for the “STA” mode. Maybe when you run though the setup wizard (again), but I didn’t feel like doing that.

The only thing I couldn’t find is how to change the password of the inverter portal/website login (10.10.100.253).

Under management it says version is V1.1.1.2
Is it there, by pressing the choose file button where I need to update the firmware? If I would reach out for it at GoodWe.?

Anyone has the exact email address and an example email successfully used to request this firmware?

Thanks!