Best way to integrate SmartThings sensors

Hey folks,

I’ve just migrated to Home Assistant from Samsung SmartThings. I’ve setup most of my devices except the actual Zigbee devices like the Samsung SmartThing Multi-Sensor and Water Leak sensor. I’m trying to figure out the best way to integrate those, as the reason I am moving off of ST is that they are cloud-based and sensor changing triggers are incredibly slow and their status changes are often missed and the cloud servers they use semi-frequently go down. So, with all that being the case, if I were to use the ST Hub as my integration point, it seems that I’d just be bringing those problems over with me. But what other options do I have? I’ve seen some USB sticks, but had concerns like, does that require a computer or can I plug them into my HA raspberry pi? Are they cloud-based? Have far reach? etc.

What are my best options for near instant and reliable triggering? Or does that not exist? If not, are there other wireless sensors I can purchase which would be better? Any supported protocol is fine with me?

Thanks!

Not sure if it’s the latest and greatest, but from what I can find HUSBZB-1 seems to be a popular option and won’t require cloud access and the usb sticks can plug directly into the HA Rasp Pi. If any better suggestions out there, please comment, but otherwise that seems like the current way to go.

I am new to this, but I purchased a HUSBZB-1 and a SmartThings Multi-Purpose sensor (GP-U999SJVLADB). A bit of googling got the HUSBZB-1 setup and after a reboot it picked up the sensor. I purchased the sensor for measuring temperature, and I do pick this up, plus the switch status and something related to the battery (best guess based on the other fields, except it reads a constant 118%).

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3B+. I started Hass.io 0.85.0 and things continued to work after the upgrade to 0.85.1.