Best weather platform for Belgium?

@tom_el_camino, did you manage to create an integration for home assistant. I was also looking for a good source of weather data, and found the KMI app. It uses an api (https://app.meteo.be).

By looking at the code of the app, I managed to figure out how it works. However, I’m not a coder … So I’m looking for someone who could help me in creating an home assistant integration based upon the KMI api.

Yeah, unfortunately I’m in the same boat. Didn’t manage to get it going.
Tried with webscraping, but the result the default weather forecast is actually so accurate close to kmi, I’m just using that one.

I managed to write a small python scripts that uses the meteo.be api to retrieve the forecast data, but I’m not skilled enough to create a home assistant integration based upon it.

If anyone wants to help, please let me know.

Same. I managed to setup an API endpoint locally but don’t have any experience in implementing it in a Home Assistant integration. :slight_smile:

ooh, I can help with this one! what’s the url of the api?

@wernerkarlheisenberg @amedia I was looking into the possibility of integrating the KMI forecasts into HA and stumbled across this topic. It sounds like you both found a way to interact with meteo.be (through an actual api?) in a way that I haven’t managed to find at this time. The best I seem to be able to do would be to process and extract the relevant data from the response of e.g. https://app.meteo.be/nl/meteo/change-day/1/21004?
Is this what you did as well, or could give some guidance in a different direction?

Thanks in advance.

I created an integration to grab data from the IRM KMI app (meteo.be). You can have look here: Belgium weather provider: IRM / KMI (meteo.be)

As of version 0.2.6, the integration provides the following:

• A weather entity with current weather conditions
  • Weather forecasts (hourly, daily and twice-daily) using the service weather.get_forecasts
  • A camera entity for rain radar and short-term rain previsions
  • A binary sensor for weather warnings
  • Sensors for pollen levels
2 Likes