Beta 2.0 and IOS attachement

I am wondering if image as attachment are currently working on 2.0 beta…
I am having hard time figuring out why I get notification and no pictures.

See this thread for more details

Works fine for me (I don’t have the 1.5.x app).

Camera images work as well.

it is the beta 2.0, known problem, thank you for your help for now

Just to be sure, attachments are not working on Beta 2.0 (58)? I can receive photos on version 1.5.1 but no success on the beta 58.

Same problem for me. My girlfriend who has version 1.5 can see the attachment but myself with version 2.0 (latest beta) cannot see the image.

Something really stupid that worked for me:
In the 2.0 app go to notifications area, and create a new actionable notification (it really doesn’t matter what). Press the test button. Remove the just created notification and try again to get the image in your notification. This worked for me every single time with the 2.0 app. Actionable notifications only work when I trigger it once via the app so it seems. Afterwards all notifications work the way they should.

(It might not fix it for you, but this is what helped for me every time, as well as on my wifes iphone).

Ok i feel pretty stupid right now, but which notification arrea do you mean? The one in the mobile app settings? I cannot find something like actionable notifications or something in that neighborhood.

Apart from above, I do have a feeling that you know how to enable the notification sound/buzzer for 2.0 notifications? :grin:

Thanks for your reply!

Yes the one in the ios app is the one I mean. You can find it in the sidemenu (where dev-tools are located as well). See video for explanation of what I did to get actionable notifications working.

Before you watch the end of the video where I create the actionable notification in the app, you have to press the “eye” icon on the bottom right of the screen after creating the notification. In the video you will see a test notification popup when pressed (the video doesn’t show that I press that button that is why I tell you). If you follow the exact steps in the video and press the “eye” icon afterwards you should get that same notification at the top of your screen (like in the video).

Also here is the code I use to make it have sound again.

# Notify Jimmy/Stephanie when arrive home
- alias: Jimmy Home Alert
  initial_state: 'true'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: person.jimmy
    to: 'home'
    for:
      seconds: 90
  action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_iphone_stephanie
    data:
      title: "Locatie"
      data:
        push:
          sound: default
          category: map
        action_data:
          latitude: !secret latitude1
          longitude: !secret longitude1

Here is another one for use with a camera. The jpeg will be shown in the preview (still image) and when 3d touching it (or other method for older iphones) it will start the camera stream:

- alias: Motion detected no one home gallerij
  initial_state: 'false'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.dafang_motion_sensor
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - entity_id: group.device_status_2
    state: 'not_home'
    condition: state
  action:
  - service: notify.ios_notifier
    data:
      title: 'Motion'
      data:
        attachment:
          content-type: jpeg
        push:
          badge: 0
          sound: default
          category: camera 
        entity_id: camera.gallerij_camera

I hope this helps for your sound issue. It might also help with the images not showing up, but not sure about that. Let me know if it worked for you.

Attachments in notifications are working! I’m going to try the notification sound this weekend.

Enorm bedankt;)!

1 Like

And also the notification sounds are working again. Thanks dude!

1 Like

You are most welcome! (Graag gedaan)

I can receive the camera live feed but not photos. @jimz011 Can you receive camera snapshots on the beta 2.0?

Yes, they work fine for me. I use the code I posted a few posts earlier. Check out the video as well, apparently it has helped people with getting images again. (It was actually meant to get actionable notifications working again, but it seems it has worked for some on image attachments as well).

People are experiencing issues with images atm, more info is available at GitHub.