Beta 2 : ios notifications not working

I’m testing using the developer tools services and trying to send a notification to notify.ios_marc_iphone and I get nothing on my phone. And no errors anywhere. Any idea anyone ?

This was working with beta 1

I have the following

mobile_app:

And i removed ios: ( do i need it back ???)

You should have one called notify.mobile_app_marcs_iphone now

I just looked and don’t have that. How do I fix that ?

I’m not sure tbh… do you have mobile app listed under integrations?

I have the exact same problem @chartrand22

Yep I see that. So not sure what the problem is …

You could try deleting the beta app and reinstalling… but you may want to first delete all of the mobile_app sensors that got created first or you will end up with duplicates.

https://companion.home-assistant.io/en/next/troubleshooting/beta-cleaning

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I’ll try that.

I guess one question is, is it weird that I have a notify.ios_marc_iphone entity if im no longer using ios: component in my config ?

Unless you removed ios:, .ios.conf , and removed references in the entity registry I wouldn’t really expect it to go away… fwiw I currently have both going on mine… still use all the notifications for regular app… moved a couple notifications to the beta for testing

I finally got things working. Here are the steps I followed, but not sure which ones helped.

1. carefully followed the “clean between builds” link in this thread
  2. I removed ios: from the config
  3. I don’t have default_config: so I added these 3 mobile_app: zero_conf: system_health:
  4. restarted HA
  5. deleted and reinstalled beta 2 IOS app
  6. configured IOS app
  7. still did not see what I was hoping. Only after restarting HA again did I now see a notify.mobile_app_marc_iphone and then I could send a notification using dev tools !
1 Like