Beta for Hysen thermostats powered by broadlink

@jonnyday
Does the device have a static DHCP allocated IP address?
Can you ping the device?
I am asking because in the first post the device had 192.168.1.15 and in the second 192.168.1.4.

It’s not static no, so when I rebooted my router, hassio and thermostat it allocated it another IP. I matched the mac address of the thermostat to the IP listed on my router and hence the IP change.

guys I did all that but when I place the switch in it gives me errors plus in lovelace it shows unknown status next to the thermostat components what should I do ?

@jonnyday
The errors you have look like there’s something wrong with the IP.
If I set DHCP to statically allocate a different address to the thermostat than the one set in HA, I get the same errors like yours.
Make sure you have the right mac address of the termostat.
Try to set in DHCP to allocate an unused static address based on the mac address of the thermostat, say 192.168.10.100/255.255.255.0 (if it is unused), gateway whatever router address you have.
Then put in climate.yaml the statically allocated IP and MAC address.
Restart.

@111
Try the same as in the Replay to jonnyday

well should I add the MAC I see in the apk. or in the router? cause router gives me a slightly changed MAC compared to the original one of the apk.

@111
Sorry, I don’t understand how you can have 2 different mac addresses.
Can you control the device from apk?
If yes, then the device’s mac address is shown by the apk.
Go to the router and set a DHCP IP static address linked to the MAC shown by the apk.
Put the device in wireless mode (as the very first time you have set it) and re-link it to the apk.
In this way the device will get the IP address you told DHCP to pass to it.
Now you have the IP address and the MAC address of the device.
Put them in climate.yaml and you’re done.

I know I might ask a lot but since hysen is a popular one to many people but non has the knowledge of yours would you ever consider creating a video with the steps needed to make it work ?

Sorry Marios, I barely have the time to reply.

I know I just asked if there was an option

@uss really appreciate your help.

Done all the above
Set static dchp which is pingable

re-added the device to apk and restarted router, HA and thermostat

still getting the following errors:

019-06-27 21:45:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating hysenheating climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2019-06-27 21:46:01 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hysenheating.climate] [192.168.1.110] Error in get_device_status: timed out

Just to make sure that my climate.yaml is correct:

- platform: hysenheating
  name: Bathroom
  host: 192.168.1.110
  mac: '80:XX:XX:71:XX:a4'
  timeout: 10
  scan_interval: 10

The mac address here matches the mac address on the router that has the static IP.

in my climate.yaml:

I don’t know if it’s just the specific thermostat that won’t work with this code?

well I have this model Hysen HY08-2 :

http://www.xmhysen.com/products_detail/productId=192.html

I know it might be irrelevant but anyone else tried to re add his thermostats and took a message this device may not be compatible with some 5Ghz Wi-fi routers.Make sure to select a 2.4Ghz Wi-fi network ? I have a 2.4 Ghz router

Just updated to 0.96.0 version of HA and the 1.0.6 version of mairas custom component has been broken.

Platform not found: climate.hysen

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Regards.

Yep ha 0.96 has changed the way climate works quite significantly which requires recoding of the component

@uss is your component suffering from the same effect of the 0.96 changes?

@mark.carter
Yes. I’ll take a look this weekend.

1 Like

Thanks.
I have the same error in 0.96.1

Platform not found: climate.hysenheating

Maybe it’s because of this:

Other component climate: BroadLink, have a important changes

Wed necesito your help for this :slight_smile:

it is the whole climate interface has changed working on it