DISCONTINUED HA Client - native Android client for Home Assistant

Use remote UI url without protocol and pages. If it is https://6offfkflflgeogege.ui.nabu.casa/lovelace/0 then use 6offfkflflgeogege.ui.nabu.casa in address field. Use port 443

Thanks so much, its working now on and off wifi. Strange thing is when I copied and pasted it before, it pasted without the protocol, so it looked correct. This time I typed it in manually without protocol. It looks exactly the same as when pasted but now works!

Any plans to release this in a FOSS app store like F-Droid (https://f-droid.org/)? :rocket:

1 Like

Yes, but only after it exits Beta state.

Once the inital setup (https://f-droid.org/en/forums/topic/adding-apps-with-git/) is set you could sync with the source in github and set auto-updates (https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#after-you-added-your-app) enabled to have a fire an forget!

Meanwhile publishing a apk for non google play users would be nice thing too

1 Like

I agree there is much work, however would be nice if NFC tag are integrated into this very app, basically, emerging with Hass NFC.

Hi, are you going to continue working on this project since HA crew now released the official Home Assistant Android app? It is a good start, but your app is much further feature wise and now much more usable, the official one still looks just like the mobile browser HA UI without any mobile features like notifications or location, so i am still using yours. Thanks for all your work, subscribed to donations to help with the dev costs.

2 Likes

Your app also starts lightning fast whereas the new one is as slow as opening the standard browser interface. In addition, your app renders the contents of More-Info boxes in a better way.

I’ll continue to work on my app as the official one is just a webview wrapper for now. Thanks for your reviews.

2 Likes

If you want use ngix plugin to solve the issue reloaded to certificate error (local ip).

1 Like

Hi all. HA Client Discord server will be closed soon. If you are interested in any discussion, please join us on Spectrum.chat

I think (its my opinion) that you must continue your work, because its a good project and for now i found your application the faster of ever for Api Client.
I have developed a different application than a client api, but I find yours really excellent. Sincere congratulations.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It is a great please to hear that. I have no any planes to stop working on HA Client.

2 Likes

Oh man, I wish someone took your app and the official app and combined them in to the ultimate app.
Your app has a few must have’s, like location tracking and native push messages (the way the official app tries to get us to have HTML5 push messages is really almost laughable). I also absolutely LOVE your cards for state history of binary sensors. Its brilliant, and I wish someone would port it to lovelace.

But, I do believe rendering lovelace with a browser engine is the right approach and the only way to get consistency. I know HA client is a work in progress, but when I put charts on my views its because I want to see charts. When I carefully craft a layout, and that layout gets messed up in so many ways, its hard to want to use it.

If you gave the option to render lovelace as html instead of your native rendering (modern phone are plenty fast, I really cant say I see any difference), your app would be absolutely perfect, I would gladly pay whatever you charge for it.

1 Like

I think it is very good idea to make browser view possible in HA Client. I was thinking about it previously. But there is one show stopper: there is several webview plugins available for Flutter but each of them has some critical issues that makes almost impossible using it in HA Client. I’m following the updates of those plugins and waiting the issues to be solved.

Where can you find info regarding the official app and HTML5? I can’t find anything saying that they want to use that.

please add support for self signed certificate if possible - i’d love to use this app but can’t do it without it

Is it possible to show if the phone is charging?

I’m trying to do it for a long time, but it is not yet possible in Flutter. Once this issue will be solved in framework, I’ll add this to the app.

1 Like