Better color picker

@kjetilpp it’s alredy been implemented:

I have updated and still do not have the new color picker…

You may need to restart HA a couple of times, that’s what I had to do but it works now and it’s much better

This is really nice but, IMHO, I think the best would be to have three sliders with R - G - B.
It is very difficult to be precise with this picker, while having control on the thre basic colours is much easier to me. The best would also be having the chance to insert value numerically from 0 to 255, near to the sliders.
Maybe this is possible already in HA, but I’ve never found something that tells me how to do it.

I used to have 3 sliders before the better color picker. Simply create 3 input_numbers (from 0 to 255) for each colour.I don’t have the code anymore
You can do the same with input_text boxes if you prefer.
Then create an automation that updates the status of your light based on your values.
here is a short example of how you can append the value of each slider to make up the string needed for your light entity:

{% set r=0 %}
{% set g=64 %}
{% set b=255 %}

{%- set rgb_color=[r,",",g,",",b]  -%}
{% set rgb_color=rgb_color|join %}
{{rgb_color}}

You’d have to remove the first 3 lines and replace r,g,b with the value of each slider, e.g. states.input_number.r.state or similar. I’ve only added them to show you the outcome which should be 0,64,255