Better Thermostat Extension: Reduce temperature depending on schedule, presence (person in zone) incl. partymode

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Code on Github

Temporarily sets [Better Thermostat - Entity] to a different temporary [Target temperature] depending on a presence, schedule and partymode.

Sets the configured [Target temperature] at the [Better Thermostat - Entity] when

• the [Schedule] is currently set to off

or

• the [Person] is currently not in the [Zone].

Otherwise, the heating temperature set on the Better Thermostat is restored.

To activate the BT even if the [Schedule] is switched off or the [Person] is not in the [Zone], the party mode can be activated via a switch.

After the [Partymode] has been switched on, it is automatically deactivated again after the time period [Duration for Partymode].

Requires Better Thermostat

** Version 1.0, 28.09.2023

1 Like

Hi,

really great blueprint and thanks for that. Is there a chance to add more then one Person into the Blueprint? Because sometimes i go for a walk with the dogs and my wife and kids are still at home. In that case the target temp. will be low.

Kind Regards
Sebbo

That can be done by defining a template sensor and use that instead of one person. Mine looks like:

template:
  - binary_sensor:
      unique_id: 5ab8c7cb-7db8-4e25-b1f9-80a8ddc4481c
      name: "somebody_home_now"
      icon: mdi:human
      device_class: presence
      state: >
        {{
          states("sensor.user1") == 'Home' or 
          states("sensor.user2") == 'Home'
        }}
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.user1
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.user2

1 Like

Hi,

Beginner’s question. The question may not necessarily belong in this context, but it’s related to the Better Thermostat and heating automation. So my question is: Where is the comfort temperature specified?

Thanks!

Might be a silly question…what is a party mod? How to create a party entity that is required for the template?