Bitpool Bacnet Gateway node, cannot recognize net interface

I am using HA OS on Proxmox VM. Trying to configure Bitpool Bacnet Gateway Node integration, but my eth interface is not recognized. It should be something like this

But unfortunately it is like this. Dropdown list empty

I tried on two different installations @home and @work but is the same. I also added a second eth interface to assign specifically for the purpose. Same

Any ideas?

It appears the problem is the way docker network interface is configured. Since Node -Red is running on docker, the virtual network interface in Bridge Mode is not exposed. I created a new LXC container and installed Node Red there, and the node works as expected.

As a conclusion, I have 2 choices: Either runs Node-Red on a separate machine, or find a way to change the network configuration of node red’s docker to Host or MacVlan Mode, and I am not sure how and if this would cause issues to HA integration.

Recommendations are welcome

Devi accedere in locale sulla istanza di node red al link localhost:1880 (homeassistant.local:1880).
1880 è la porta di default per node red, se l’hai variata devi usare quella settata.

Gracie me non e questa la problema.

Hello:

i am having the same problem, have you found a work around

To put it in simple words, the issue is that HA runs on docker and the network is not directly connected to the physical interface for the bitpool gateway to recognize and assign. There is some workaround, involving changing the network configuration according to the following info, but that would mean messing with the HA installation, something that I would definitively avoid:

The available network configurations in Docker include the following types of network drivers: bridge, host, overlay, IPvLAN, and macvlan 2 3 4.
Each of these network configurations serves different purposes and facilitates various communication scenarios between containers, the Docker host, and the outside world. Here is a brief overview of each network configuration:

1. Bridge: Creates a bridge between the host and containers, allowing communication between containers on the same network while isolating them from external networks. Each container on the bridge network has its own IP address.
  2. Host: Shares the host’s network stack with containers without isolation, meaning containers use the host’s network interfaces directly without separate IP addresses.
  3. Overlay: Spans multiple Docker hosts, enabling communication between containers on different hosts. It is commonly used in Docker Swarm clusters for distributed environments.
  4. IPvLAN: Offers precise control over IPv4 and IPv6 addresses assigned to containers, along with layer 2 and 3 VLAN tagging and routing capabilities.
  5. Macvlan: Allows containers to appear as physical devices on the network by assigning each container a unique MAC address. This network type requires dedicating a physical interface on the host to the virtual network.

These network configurations cater to different needs, such as internal container communication, direct host networking, distributed environments, precise IP address control, and emulating physical devices on the network.

I found another solution, and it works for the most part, by switching to Bepacom bacnet integration. It is way simpler to configure, because all bacnet points appear as entities on HA without the need to write any code. Two versions available: One standard and the other still on development but rather active, they release a beta almost every week and every 3-4 betas, they release a stable version. Check it out:

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried the GitHub -. I could see the BACnet device, but I do not understand how I access the values for display or use in automation and scenes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kalvin