Bizzare ZHA Light Group Behaviour

I am getting some really bizarre behaviour using ZHA Groups.

I am using a Conbee II stick and Philips Hue bulbs and the following configuration

2 ZHA Light Groups

• Bedroom Bedside Lights (light.bedroom_bedside_lights)
  • Outside Back Terrace Wall Lights (light.outside_back_terrace_wall_lights)

In the Bedroom Bedside Lights group I have 2 lights

• Bedroom Bedside Left (light.bedroom_bedside_left)
  • Bedroom Bedside Right (light.bedroom_bedside_right)

In the Outside Back Terrace Wall Lights group I have 2 lights

• Outside Back Terrace Left (light.outside_back_terrace_left)
  • Outside Back Terrace Right (light.outside_back_terrace_right)

The problem is that when I turn on/off the light.bedroom_bedside_lights light group both groups are turned on/off, also when this happens only the state of the bedroom lights is updated, the state of the outside back terrace lights does not change.

Any ideas anyone?

Hej there! I got the same problem and answered a comparable thread here:

I have reverted back to using Deconz to work around the problem.

Had the same issue; one group of lights would randomly turn on another. Recently switched to zigbee2mqtt and so far so good

Yes, I changed to Zigbee2MQTT myself as well, and man what a difference… This is what ZHA should be like. Excellent ZigBee map, pictures of your devices, ability to round sensor values and more. I LOVE. Zigbee2MQTT so far!! :heart:

2 Likes

I have the same issue on ZHA. Anyone found a solution other than migrating to Zigbee2MQTT, I really dont want to re-pair my 60+ devices.

What’s absolutely bizarre is that deleting all the ZHA groups, and remaking them, the exact same groups continue to trigger each other. And worse, I left it for a few days, and the problem has spread. Now toggles one particular group turns on 2 others!