Blank invalid config tile/Linode Errors

Hey all,

Thought I would try out the new Linode component. However it doesn’t seem to actually work. When I setup the config:

linode:
  access_token: !secret linode_api_key

binary_sensor:
  - platform: linode
    nodes:
      - 'linode2008320'

It doesn’t work and I get a blank “invalid config” box:

I also get these errors in the log:

2017-11-04 18:01:58 ERROR (Thread-8) [homeassistant.components.linode] 401: Invalid OAuth token; 
2017-11-04 18:01:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for linode: Component failed to initialize.
2017-11-04 18:01:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of binary_sensor.linode. Setup failed for dependencies: linode
2017-11-04 18:01:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform binary_sensor.linode: Could not setup all dependencies.

I re-created the API key just to make sure I didn’t copy/paste it wrong, but it’s still erroring out. Is this something my end or an issue with the component?

I get that same invalid config box and I am not using linode. I am not sure why I am getting it but it has been there since I upgraded to 0.57.

@grangemd - mine was Linode, no idea why the invalid config box was blank. Check your log and see what component is erroring out.

For those with Linode issues, see the “bug” report here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10394

TL;DR: documentation not clear which API key you need. You have to get one from the NEW (beta) site.