Blank Screen at Startup

I have deleted and reinstalled 4 times now, each time after putting in my HA address and API password I get a blank screen. I get a brief banner connected to HA realtime API, after it leaves screen is blank and unresponsive. Swiping out the app doesn’t change anything.

Hass is running on a subdomain of a dyndns provider on a custom port, https, and working from web interface.

How much time did you give it…it can be a little slow and hangs for me sometimes. Patience is the key.

Several minutes on several occasions – long enough for my screen to turn off. I did have it work once a few days ago, but back to a blank screen since yesterday.

I defer to @robbiet480 on this one then, we might need more debugging info in the logs. Plus, he has access to crash reports, I believe.

I haven’t heard of this issue in quite a while, is it still occurring @n8henrie?

Sorry for the lack of responses here – I need to bookmark the forum on mobile.

It continued for quite a while until the most recent of the latest “spurt” of updates – after that it was stuck at the “settings” screen, but after closing out the app with a “swipe up” it opened to the main screen and seems to work now!

I can confirm I’ve aways had this issue on iPhoneX.
I’m on version 1.1.1 now and still have it.

Seems that every time I load the app after some time has passed it loads with all the top and bottom bars but no HA tabs or views. If I visit the bottom bar’s systems/gear button, and then come back after closing that view… things load as per normal.

1 Like