Blink Camera on/off switch per camera (Arm/Disarm or Motion Detection)

Hi,

I have been looking around at controlling my Blink camera’s, but I just don’t get it.
How can add an interface card to switch the motion detection on/off (or arm/disarm) and, ideally, display the state in the same switch. Basically an an/off switch.

Only way I have found is 2 different items calling separate services, but there must be another way isn’t it?

Thanks for the tips

1 Like

For this one I have found a way through manually adding switches in my configuration.yaml file.
Blink is reacting with some delay, but it works.

Sharing for the ones who were looking for something similar (or have better to suggest):

# Camera Switch
switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      switch_blink_cuisine:
        friendly_name: "Caméra Cuisine"
        value_template: "{{ is_state('binary_sensor.blink_cuisine_camera_armed', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: camera.enable_motion_detection
          target:
            entity_id: camera.blink_cuisine
        turn_off:
          service: camera.disable_motion_detection
          target:
            entity_id: camera.blink_cuisine
      switch_blink_hall:
        friendly_name: "Caméra Hall"
        value_template: "{{ is_state('binary_sensor.blink_hall_d_entree_camera_armed', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: camera.enable_motion_detection
          data:
            entity_id: camera.blink_hall_d_entree
        turn_off:
          service: camera.disable_motion_detection
          data:
            entity_id: camera.blink_hall_d_entree
4 Likes

Thanks @Chacsam for this; this really helped me as well.

Thanks, this solved my problem too :slight_smile:

Yes thank you, I have a niggle, if I operate the switch in the browser, it moves across but doesn’t latch, it moves back to the off position. After a delay Blink does arm but then I cannot turn it back off with the switch. The switch moves to on then straight back to off, with Blink staying armed.
Would appreciate any help.

The problem IMO is Blink’s reaction time.
Even when using the Blink app you cannot ask too much to camera’s within a short timespan.
I used ot have automations per camera with a 10/20 second delay between each camera to make sure it worked but I finally gave up.
Today I just arm/disarm the whole system at once and don’t try to manage individual camera’s anymore.

I know it’s not a solution to your issue, but at least you know that you are not doing anything wrong :wink: