Blink Camera Trigger Error

Hello all,

I’m having some issues with updating the thumbnail picture in Lovelace for my Blink cameras. When calling the service blink.trigger_camera I get an error in the log -

Error handling message: expected dict for dictionary value @ data[‘service_data’]. Got ‘Kitchen’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py”, line 76, in async_handle
handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 267, in call
return self._compiled([], data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 589, in validate_dict
return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 427, in validate_mapping
raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: expected dict for dictionary value @ data[‘service_data’]

Any insight? If I go into the Blink app in my phone and update the picture there, then in HA run the blink.blink_update, the new picture will appear.

Thanks in advance!

Based on the traceback, it looks like you’re not calling the service correctly. It requires you to supply the name of the camera as part of the service data. Here’s the docs for the service call and here is an example yaml entry