Blink notification isn't working

How does the Blink notification in HA works? Mine are stuck at 1 since I added the component in HA.

Same issue for a few HA version now. Using Python 3.5.3 and HA 0.64.3.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Br Qxlkdr

Anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance.

Hi

I’m still having this issue, even with the latest release, 0.72. No one having the same or similar problem?

Would have been nice to have the notification so I can trigger automations etc.

Br Qxlkdr

Just bought one and having same issue. I take it there’s no resolution for this

Exactly, no solution yet. However no one have filed an issue on GitHub. I can do it in a few days.

@Qxlkdr
I raised the issue on GitHub. Feel free to add comments

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15665

1 Like

Can everyone try to +1 the issue on the github link? Otherwise it probably won’t get any traction to get fixed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,

I finally got around to fixing the API and have a PR if anyone wants to test or just follow along. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/16942

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll give it a test tonight

Awesome work, I’m following the PR and will test it out locally when I got the time. Hopefully before the PR will be approved. :slight_smile:

To test, which files do we need to copy to the custom_components folder? One for sensor, camera, binary_sensor etc?

If you go to the dev branch of homeassistant, copy the following files:

homeassistant/components/blink/*
homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/blink.py
homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/blink.py
homeassistant/components/camera/blink.py
homeassistant/components/sensor/blink.py

In your homeassistant config folder, the structure should look like the following:

custom_components/
|-- blink/
|    |-- __init__.py
|    |-- services.yaml
|-- alarm_control_panel/
|    |-- blink.py
|-- binary_sensor
|    |-- blink.py
|-- camera
|    |-- blink.py
|-- sensor
     |-- blink.py

That should give you the latest version to test out. Note that the camera names have been prefaced with blink so what used to be camera.hallway would now be camera.blink_hallway

2 Likes

Great improvement!
I started to fiddle around with all the files when I realized the PR is already merged and in the newest dev version… :smiley:
Tested so far the trigger_camera and blink_update service and they work perfect, very fast and reliable.

I had problems with the motion sensor which updated very slow (probably with the next auto update according to scan_interval), though (blink ‘name’ Motion Detected on/off).

For now I use a Xiaomi Motion Sensor to trigger the camera at the front door to take a picture and with a small delay the manual update.
When the bell is pressed Ill have the picture downloaded and forwarded with telegram.
The picture is on my phone after 6s. Maybe its possible to get the time down to 4s but I have to play a little bit more with the camera to see what is actually possible.

Cheers and thx for the great update!

@fronzbot Thanks so much for the blink update. I was looking through the docs and can’t seem to find how to send a service to arm or disarm blink. Did I miss something?

You didn’t miss anything, I failed to mention it in the documentation. The new blink platform uses the Alarm Control Panel component, so you should have a device in homeassistant called alarm_control_panel.blink_sync. You can arm and disarm the whole system that way. Also, previously I think I had switches to arm/disarm individual cameras but I removed that since the camera component has a service specifically for that called enable_motion_detection more info here. SO you can individually enable/disable cameras with a service call and then arm/disarm the whole system from the control panel (but you can only use ALARM_ARM_AWAY, the “Home” version doesn’t map to anything).

Let me know if you have any other questions. I’ll try to get a PR into the docs to call this info out.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks. I will play around with it.

Since yesterday the component will not load anymore. On HA start Ill get the following error:

blink: Error on device update!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 251, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 349, in async_device_update
await self.hass.async_add_job(self.update)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/blink.py”, line 72, in update
mode = self.sync.arm
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/blinkpy/sync_module.py”, line 94, in arm
return self._summary[‘network’][‘armed’]
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

No blink devices are loaded, no camera/sensor/alarm panel.

this is happening to me too. dont have any solutions, but would be very interested in finding one. thank you for any help anyone can give.

and

My Blink cameras and sensors all just came back up after a restart. i was not doing anything related to Blink, havent changed anything in my config. I was updating an unrelated DHT sensor and after restart, all my Blink components were back. Not sure what caused it to happen, but thanks to all yall who understand how the code side of all this works and spend your time working on it so people like me can enjoy this stuff.