Blink Sync Module 2 questions

Hello,

I would like to buy the Blink Outdoor with the Blink Sync Module 2. I already found this page about configuring Blink in Home Assistant: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/blink/
This page shows that I can save pictures and video locally. Is this also possible without the Blink subscription plan?
And I guess the Sync Module 2 is connected to the router and the cameras are connected to the Sync Module? Are they all communicating through wifi signals?
What is the maximum distance the camera can be positioned away from the router/sync module?

Thanks in advance!

My assumption is that without the Blink subscription plan, you won’t be able to access the files (since the library used in the component calls the blink servers to get images/etc). But it will definitely be something on my to-do list. The big hurdle is just finding out what API endpoints to call, but with local storage (finally) coming to blink it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out…I hope.

As for your other questions, yes cameras connect to sync module which connects to router. Distance is definitely limited in my experience, I try to keep the cameras as close as possible, but I think there’s some guidance on that on the Blink website.