Blinking Lights

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could guide me on how to toggle the light on my zwave js setup.
What i want to do is make the lights flash for my alarm system, it doesnt have to be some sort of stribe light, but just something that Will annoy the intruder if there’s any.

If i toggle a button too many times, the system becomes slow meaning i have to wait some time before i Press the button again.

Maybe there are some sort of Way to set it up to toggle without slowing Down my entire zwave network ?

Thanks in advance.

Not really… ZWave is simply not optimized for repetitive high speed commands…

See this thread for reasons and possible tips to get what you are looking for.

Hi Thomas,

take a look for example to a Fibaro FGS-222 - see parameter 30 & 39.
This is maybe what you search to setup a Flash Lights for a Alarm Setup

Thanks for the input, sadly my network Will be flooded with messages like in the first link.

@Chris_H Thats a good input, i just wrote to the manufacturer og the products i use to see if They can help on such a parameter.

I am using the ZIF5028 from Logic Group but i dont see it possible to toggle the outputs with a parameter but Maybe i missed it

It might be worth a message to the Homeseer people as I think they have some control over the firmware of their switches. As far as I know they have a flash feature on the LEDs of their latest Zwave switches, so to add flash to the main switch might be doable.

At any rate it would be a useful feature as I have implemented a one second flash on my garage lights to indicate arming when I leave. In the past I had a Zwave switch but changed that light over to a Tasmota.

For anyone wanting to do this with the Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD212)

# start blinking
service: zwave_js.invoke_cc_api
data:
  command_class: "113"
  method_name: sendReport
  parameters:
    - alarmType: 0
      alarmLevel: 255
target:
  entity_id:
# stop blinking
service: zwave_js.invoke_cc_api
data:
  command_class: "113"
  method_name: sendReport
  parameters:
    - alarmType: 0
      alarmLevel: 0
target:
  entity_id:
2 Likes

Thank you very much!!! It worked great!. I have more than 30 Fibaro Dimmer 2 in my Zwave network. I was looking for a solution like this one to make lights blink without killing my Zwave network!