Block Z-Wave nodes

So I have an Unknown node that shows up no matter what. It isn’t mine.
It doesn’t exist in the core.device_registry or core_entity_registry.
I’m not sure if it is some device in a neighbors house that they never configured or what exactly.
In the ZWave Node Management -> Nodes Dropdown it shows as

Unknown Node 10 (Node:10 Probe)

I also get

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave node 10 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

in the logs.
Is there some way to ignore/block nodes?

An ignore option is described here: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/installation/

Right but that assumes there is an entity.
In this case there is no entity. This node has never been added to my system.

Maybe give this a try, it worked for me. Make sure you follow exactly and restart when it says

So this is trying to do the same thing. It assumes that the node was added to my HA and existed as an entity so there is some entity to remove but there is no entity.
This node is pending. Has never been added before. It is not mine.

Have you tried to factory reset your Zwave controller? That will make it drop all the nodes and have you repair them and will get rid of your “unknown” node 10.

Shut down HA - Backup your zwcfg-.xml file in your config directory and then carefully remove the node from that file. Double check core.entity_registry and then start HA back up.

I completely deleted the zwave integration and restarted HA.
The mystery node 10 still appeared in the Probe state after I re added zwave.

I’ve double checked the core.entity_registry and there is nothing there associated with zwave and node 10.
I’ve also deleted it form the zwcfg-.xml multiple times but it always comes back after a restart.

I am really lost as to what is going on.

I believe you are seeing this because the actual node list is stored in the stick. The XML file is just a “description” of the device and its capabilities. You have two options:

1. “Remove Failed Node” - but sometimes that won’t work until z-wave thinks it’s dead
  2. reset your stick, but then you have to re-pair every device again.