Blue iris MQTT for seperate zones for a single camera

Hello,
I am wondering if its possible to filter the MQTT command to different zones within Blue Iris to trigger different events.
Example
Zone D: is the front door and if there is motion to turn on the front door light only.
Zone E: is the walkway to the front gate from the front door and if the motion goes from Zone D to and Zone E then turn on the other lights at the front of the house and Vice versa
is this possible ? or is there another way to get this to work if you cant filter MQTT for different zones.
Thank you.
Attached picture below
camera

This is possible but you need tensor flow, or some image processing functionality.

I’m way way late to this conversation, but I only started with HA a couple of weeks ago, been focused on Blue Iris topics in these forums for a few hours, and just now registered so I could reply as I haven’t seen an answer to your question. In your settings for “ALERT” you can use one of Blue Iris’ macros - in this case &TYPE does the trick. I’ve verified that the incoming payload come in as MOTION A or even MOTION AB if you have an alert setup specifically for motion that begins in zone A and crosses into zone B. This is as far as I’ve gotten however. My biggest challenge with HA itself is MQTT. Just having difficulties getting a good grasp on how it all works. Possibly of interest as well, though I haven’t confirmed this will work yet, I have the free license for the ALPR module in Blue Iris (limited to 2500 lookup/month). When it reads a plate, the alert will be the normal alert but with a space character and then the plate appended. So something like MOTION A ABC1234. It would make my life just a little nicer if I could scrape the plate and trigger an action based on a hit.
BlueIris

1 Like