Blueprint booleans not saving after deployment?

I’ve recently noticed that I can no longer save changes to boolean selectors in Home Assistant. I have 3 different Home Assistant installations running, all at 2022.7.something, and I see the behavior on all 3 installs. I’m not certain when this started, or if others are experiencing the same thing.

I’ve submitted a bug report here but am interested if anyone else is experiencing this problem as I don’t see any mention of it elsewhere.

Here’s what I’m experiencing:

1. If you edit a blueprint with one or more booleans, toggling the state of the boolean does not bring up the “save” button. You have to edit some other selector in order for the “save” button to be presented.

2. If you save a blueprint after toggling the state of a boolean selector, the updated selector state is not changed.

Here is an example, dummy blueprint that offers a text selector and two booleans: test_blueprint_toggle.yaml · GitHub

Process to replicate

1. Import and deploy blueprint: Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
  2. Create automation from blueprint
  3. Toggle one of the booleans, observe that the “save” button appears.
  4. Press “save” and exit out of automation editor
  5. Go back to the new automation in the automation editor
  6. Toggle one of the booleans, observe that the “save” button does not appear.
  7. Change the text field
  8. Observe that the “save” button now appears
  9. Press save and exit out of automation editor.
  10. Go back to the automation in the automation editor and observe that the new value for the boolean you changed has not been saved, while the value for the text selector has been saved.
  11. Open automations.yaml and observe that the updated boolean has not been saved, while the value for the text selector has been saved.

Is anyone else seeing this same behavior? If you get a minute, can you try the process above and see what happens for you?

I’ve verified with other users that they can replicate the behavior shown above. I’ve also tested versions back for 2022.04 and found the same behavior. Bug report created here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/75263

The only workaround I’ve found for this is to go into automations.yaml and manually edit the blueprint variable assignments there, then reload automations.

Args, this issue was driving me nuts, until I found this. Sadly the issue is not yet fixed in version 2022.10.5.

same issue here.

I have the same issue.
Import blueprint
Configure automation with the blueprint
Save
Insert a name for the automation
and when i leave, the automation do no appear in the list.
Thanks