Blueprint Smoke Sensor

The following blueprint is a simple example for configuration of Fire Alerts.
Requierements:

• Smoke Sensors are already configured in Home Assistant (device class smoke)
  • Service notify.notify is available (should be the case if you use standard installation)

You have to select all sensors (list of entities) - that’s it.
Optional: The configuration of the message.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

You can find the german version here:
https://www.it-und-hausautomation-blog.de/feueralarm/

2 Likes

Hi Frank, I implemented this blueprint but when I run it, i never receive notification. Currently i am working with an automation I did myself to notify Fire alert on my phone but i would prefer to have a blueprint for that. see below the trace:
Triggered manually at February 22, 2023 at 10:38:30 AM

Notifications: Send a notification with notify

Stopped because an error was encountered at February 22, 2023 at 10:38:30 AM (runtime: 0.04 seconds)

Error rendering data template: UndefinedError: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘to_state’

thx for support.

Same for me

Same for me :frowning:
@Frank Help please

Hi, sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, there is little I can do from a distance. Did you actually activated the smoke alarm? - e.g. with test spray? or changed the sensor status? The error message indicates that the sensor has not reported a new status – that means “to_state”. If you trigger the automation manually, I would expect such an error.

Add: You could proceed as follows for troubleshooting: In Home Assistant, under Developer Tools, go to Events. “Subscribe” to the “status change” event. Then trigger the smoke detector (with Test Spray) and track the status change. What do the messages look like?

Notifications work great! Is there a way to add actions to this blueprint? Lets say to turn on lights or something?

1 Like