šŸ‘ Blueprint Upgrades Feature Request - Vote it up!

The Blueprint ā€˜systemā€™ is in desperate need of a versioning / update tool.
We all know this, but we need to get the Core groupā€™s attention if we are going to get Dev time working on it.
Please go to this Feature Request and vote it up. It only takes a second to do.

Be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left of that linked page to register your voteā€¦

Letā€™s get a couple of hundred votes on it and then maybe they will be able to work on itā€¦
I donā€™t really care what the final solution is, just that this is not the solution. Delete every blueprint, then re-import is NOT the answerā€¦

After all, there is some kind of Plan in mind already, just look at the pinned post at the top of this topic. It says they had something sketched out for last year, and we have not seen itā€¦
EDITā€¦july 2022ā€¦ Paulus did edit this message recently to remove the promised 2021 changes, and added other text about it so it appears that it may be getting some attentionā€¦ Stay tunedā€¦)

More info:

I know, not the best place for this, so delete it if not allowed. I felt that the request link needed to be shared in this forum with the people living with the problemā€¦

12 Likes

We are up to 77 votes.
Iā€™d like to see this over 100 if possible.
If you havenā€™t voted, click the Feature Request link and register your vote now.

2 Likes

153 votes. Awsome folks!

If you havenā€™t voted for this or saw it yet, check it out, follow the link to the FR and vote it up

Letā€™s see if we can hit 200!

1 Like

Well, we broke over 200!
Letā€™s see how far we can take this before there is a versioning system installed for Blueprints!

1 Like

Iā€™d go one step further and say we need a way to search for them from within GUI as well, HACS style. In fact I think this could be a feature for HACS, it already handles integrations and front-end. If it could search, install and keep up to date blueprints it would be awesome!