Blueprint Won't Create Automation

When I create an automation from a blueprint (pressing save), sometimes an automation isn’t added to the web UI. It is, however, added to the automations.yaml file. Any idea why that would be the case?

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Unfortunately, no. I ended up using a different blueprint to solve the immediate issue and haven’t been tinkering with blueprints much until the past few days. They all have worked, but I wish I knew what caused the original problem. I have also upgraded home assistant from 2021.05 to 2021.07 in the meantime. Maybe that’s “fixed” it or maybe I’m just not encountering the original issue. Wish I could offer more help.

I just found your post, and I am having the same issue… Automation I created shows up in the automations.yaml file, but not the UI. I am running the latest version of HA 2021.11.5…

Check the log for errors. Blueprints aren’t guaranteed to work, especially if they aren’t made correctly.

1 Like

same issue here!

Post on the original blueprint exchange page this happened, it will be a bug in that blueprint.

Usually this means the blueprint file failed to be parsed correctly. Check the Settings:…:blueprint page. Look for the blueprint and see if there is an error message there. I usually have to copy and paste the line into a text editor to see the full text. Also, there is a log file somewhere showing this info.
mark