Blueprinting a template light

I have red, green and blue lights in Home Assistant named light.r1, light.g1 and light.b1. I want to make a template light that presents these as one RGB light. I know how to do that, no problem.

However, I don’t just have one set of lights, I have many. For example, I also have light.r_back, light.g_back and light.b_back as well as light.bdrm_red, light.bdrm_green and light.bdrm_blue, etc.

What I really want to make is a template light that can be parameterized with the three lights it will control.

I see blueprints for automations and scripts. I also see passing in variables to scripts. If these can do the job then I can’t figure out how.

You can not blueprint entity configuration options. Only automations and scripts.

You can’t pass variables to entity configurations. Only automations and scripts.

Copy. Paste. Edit.

Copy paste solution makes changes quite difficult if you need to edit many entries. Instead of blueprint I generate lights.yaml config with Python script: example.

And in configuration.yaml I have:

light: !include lights.yaml

Hope that will be useful to someone.

Thanks @KapJI . I agree and that’s basically what I ended up doing. Seems like a general solution that’s more flexible than blueprints.