Bluetooth controlled adjustable bed with app - Possible HA Integration

Found this bluetooth controlled adjustable bed while searching on samsclub.com. I actually have an older model with just RF controls which I have always wanted to integrate into HA. I know there might be other adjustable beds out there, but in my searching these are the most affordable. I’m considering upgrading to this newer model just to give it a try. Worse case, I can always return it for my full money back. Closest thing to the Jetsons and getting flipped out of bed in the morning.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-split-king-adjustable-bed-base/prod22421684?xid=plp_product_1_19

Funny timing… I was actually just on here trying to find a way to control my new adjustable bed. I think bluetooth would be hard to integrate with without manufacturer support (??). I was hoping to use my Broadlink RM Pro to control mine, but I just figured out that the remote uses (I think) 2.4GHz and not the 305-340 or 430-440MHz that the Broadlink supports :frowning: . From my initial research, it may be hard, if not impossible, to control via the 2.4GHz spectrum. I’m going to dig some more, but let me know if you figure out a way to integrate with your bed.

My initial thinking was that maybe the app could be reverse engineered to work locally. Here’s a link to the app used…

Q-Plus Adjustable Remote

I just got one of these beds. Any progress?

Nothing here. I still have the older RF style bed. Not sure if anyone else has tried though.

The app “looks” like a rebranding of the screenshots the serta app uses.

So I suspect that GitHub - danisla/iot-bed: Serta Motion Perfect III Control via Alexa and AWS IoT might work.

FYI, I have managed to at least get one step further than you with a BLE controlled bed. However I am stuck at getting the bluetooth command sent from HA to the bed…
Will update the thread if I figure it out, maybe at least some of it can help you on your way?

2 Likes

I’m working on building BLE support into my smartbed-mqtt addon. GitHub - richardhopton/smartbed-mqtt

If you have a BLE bed then I can probably build support for it.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m completely new to ha, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and adjustable beds.

I recently purchased an adjustable bed made by Leggett & Platt which is what started my interest in a universal remote.

The capacitive touch remote is ridiculously sensitive. Just in the contact made from picking up the remote, I may find myself accidentally being folded into any number of positions that my fingers may have grazed as I fumble to pick up the remote.

With the number of other remotes kept bedside, I thought it’d be nice to just use a universal remote. Through some reading, I thought a Raspberry Pi may be the answer.

I’ve figured out how to get my security IP cameras to integrate. (That was quite a challenge, but a key ambition I had for this project) However, I think the next biggest challenge is if I can actually build a universal remote capable of controlling my bed.

Your post is the closest I’ve found to ANY pathway.

The adjustable bed frame is Leggett & Platts LBR+, this link is for what appears to be a similar model.

If you are able to point me in a direction or help in any way, please let me know.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please join my discord - this bed type may already be supported which we can figure out, but I’m regularly supporting new bed/controller types so could use your help to make that happen.

3 Likes

Following for the Sam’s Club bed :crossed_fingers:

@joylove do you have the Sam’s Club bed? If so please can you join the discord as I’d love to collect some more information about these beds and maybe even give you early access to the integration for them.

@richardhopton yes sir I do have the bed. Let me see about finding the discord and will join.

Hey @Marc610 . I have a Leggett & Platt and am wondering how you might have gotten yours connected to HA. When I create a diagnostics file from the bluetooth integration a bunch of bluetooth devices are visible, including the bed. But when trying to ‘ADD ENTRY’, I just get a message stating “No unconfigured Bluetooth adapters found. There are 0 ignored adapters.” I’m using the bluetooth host controller built into the CM4 on my Home Assistant Yellow.

I must be doing something wrong. I’m wondering if you or @richardhopton might be able to help. I’ve spent quite a few hours on this and could really use some advice. Thanks!

I was unable to find the discord.

Head to the github GitHub - richardhopton/smartbed-mqtt and scroll to the bottom of the readme. It has a link to the discord