Bluetooth dongle Virtualbox integration

Looking to make the switch from a RPi4 to a Virtual box installation, i’ve managed to install Home Assistant and got things up and running perfect with one exception being Bluetooth !
Before i commit to moving 100% to virtual box i need this working as i have quite a few Xiaomi temperature sensors that are used to control underfloor heating.

i’m using this bluetooth dongle…

It works fine within windows 10 and appears to pass through to virtual box ok at which point it disappears from windows as expected.

In home assistant when i run the lsusb command in terminal i get the following result ?

With my temperature sensors on RPI4 i’m using the “Passive BLE Monitor integration” found in Hacs, all working great and i Intend to use the same on PC /Virtualbox

I’ve exhausted my technical abilities :unamused: in trying to get this working any help would be much appreciated.

Pretty sure there is no support in Linux for any of the Bluetooth 5.x USB adapters that I have researched. So you need to get a Bluetooth 4.x USB adapter with Linux driver support.

I use this one for example:

1 Like

Hi Chris,

did u find a solution?
I bought the same bluetooth usb device, cause it said linux compatible i thought it might work.

Greets

Patrick