Bluetooth on NUC

You are very informative. I am on hassio and I have no idea how to install bluz.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to work with host OS. How can I install that on nuc?

This is the first time you told us that, try and be more informative in future if you want answers.

Are you on hassos or another base operating system?

Hm…

Ok, I should be on hass os, because I have downloaded hassio from the top of this page a week ago (there is version for nuc).

Now sure I am on hass os

Yes sorry I did miss the first mention. Anyway there is more than one way of installing hassio, one of them is hassos, the other way is on top of another OS like ubuntu or debian.

With hassos for x86/amd64 I have no idea how to install bluez, assuming it isn’t there by default.

Has someone updated bluetooth drivers on nuc? And how?

Have you really not looked at the whole thread?

What OS are you on? How have you installed home assistant?

1 Like

Hassio on ubuntu server

you have your answer then.

I reinstalled Proxmox on my NUC, then I installed Debian, then I installed Hassio on a docker.
i’m unable to works with bluetoth in Hassio

The problem with running Hassio on a Debian VM on Proxmox is that to get access to bluetooth on Hassio “host” machine, which in your case is the Debian VM, you have to passthought the bluetooth controller to the debian VM. And I’m not shure that is possible with a NUC as the bluetooth is built-in. The easiest solution would be to get a bluetooth usb-stick and pass it to the debian VM.

My setup on my intel nuc is ubuntu server + hassio in docker.
I’ve no problems with the integrated bluetooth modul.
sudo apt install bluez
sudo apt install bluetooth libbluetooth-dev

2 Likes