Bluetooth Presence Monitor Add-on Not Scanning Consistently

Hi,

It’s my first post, I’m new to Home Assistant and just getting to grips with the system. I’m running a standard HA / supervisor install (core-2021.6.3 / OS v5.13), RPi 4b with Conbee2 / Mosquitto and have the basics set up as I would like. I want to start using my various sensors as an alarm system but I’m struggling with accurate presence / occupancy detection within the home like many before me…

I have an OpenWRT device_tracker integration which works well, but I have phones that disconnect from the network regularly due to aggressive power management settings. GPS will work, but isn’t acccurate enough for me as I live in a built-up area. So I started looking at other ways of monitoring presence and found andrewjfreyer’s Monitor which sounded like the perfect solution since the RPi has bluetooth built-in.

I’ve installed the Bluetooth Presence Monitor HASSIO add-on and configured everything per the documentation, and linked to arrive and depart scans from my front door entry sensor. Device scanning and occupancy updates do work fine after a system reboot, but after a few hours I can see from the logs that the arrive / depart scans don’t seem to trigger consistently as I would expect (i.e. each time the door sensor triggers a scan unless triggered already within a short time period) so occupancy gets out of sync.

I have no doubt that the problem lays with me and mis-configuration, but have now reached the limit of my knowledge and could do with some help to find out where the issue is please. Happy to share relevant logs / configuration upon request.

Thanks in advance.