Bluetooth proxy docker container?

Hello, I am having an issue with xaiomi flood sensors. They don’t seem to stay reporting to the esp32 bluetooth proxies. I have 3 proxies setup, and actually a lot of those atc temp sensors. Im thinking maybe i just have too many for the number of esp32’s.

I have a server rack and some servers in my detached garage, I run home assistant in proxmox out there. I have cables ran to the house. In the house, i have a small pc setup with proxmox, its running opnsense and a ubuntu vm with docker containers. Namely zigbee2mqtt and zwave2mqtt.

I would like to keep this arrangement, but i also would like to plug a bluetooth adapter into the house pc, then hopefully setup another proxy on it to allow more connections and hopefully more consistent reporting.

Does something like that exist?

Can’t answer your actual question, but I would be surprised if you have too many sensors. I have 75+ BT sensors of various types and they all report just fine using the handful of BT Proxies I have. The only hard limit is if they require an ACTIVE connection (back and forth communication), which is 3 per proxy.

Also, why not just add another ESP proxy? I strongly suspect that would be a lot easier.

I suspect you’re right about adding an additional esp32. I am just hoping to use something different to see if it solves the underlying issue.

for whatever reason, the device goes unavailable for periods of time. (the water detection was me testing). Its hard to monitor battery life, i suppose I could automate a notification. but i’d rather be able to see realtime.

i’m goiing to put the BT dongle and sensor in the garage to test if it stays connected. You know maybe this is the integration itself timing out too fast…?

That looks really likely to me as regular and consistent as it is. I have some BT sensors that only broadcast on state change and go unavailable the rest of the time; in that case I made a helper to store the last state.